burakol

How can I peel and clean this?

I'm hoping to salvage this original Hotshot body. As you can see, the prior owner decided to apply multiple layers of enamel paint (I think) on the polycarbonate shell... first, the paint scheme looks hideous, second, it is not peeling off, and third, it looks like a botched job TBH. Will soaking the shell on vegetable oil soften the paint so I can easily peel it off? Any regular household cleaner I can use to restore the clear finish in preparation for repainting? 

20200607_195109.jpg

I dont we have that in the US. I might just bring the shell with me to a home depot and ask them for a similar product. I'm planning on peeling and much paint as I can, but i was hoping I can soften most of it for a more easier task... I'll try to bring the heat gun out and do a few passes.... 

Ah, sorry, I missed you were in the US. Yeah I guess you need to find a paint remover that won't damage the plastic at your local store.

You find a lot of people saying to use brake fluid to remove paint from bodies, seems a messy way to do it, but it might work if you can't find anything.

I tried applying heat to it... helped a little to soften the paint but I dont want to deform the plastic shell...I also have to work on it quickly to keep the heat but it's too hot to touch...I will try to soak it up on vegetable oil and see...