CiganoBoxer

Alternative Clutch replacement question TNX/Nitrage.

Guys what clutch would be alternative replacement clutch for the Nitrage or TNX shared clutch ? 
Im running my new built nitrage so want to have a spare.
The tamiya one is now long discontinued im told . :( 

A lot of Nitro clutches can be swapped around. I had a quick look at the 32FX engine and manual and it looks like a split circular pair of shoes rather than a 3/4 shoe clutch - which TBH I would expect at this size. However If you measure the shoes diameter you can then look to source anything similar from any model. I have a few different types but they are all for .12 engines and not the size you've got, however happy to measure and compare.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:40 PM, hedge said:

A lot of Nitro clutches can be swapped around. I had a quick look at the 32FX engine and manual and it looks like a split circular pair of shoes rather than a 3/4 shoe clutch - which TBH I would expect at this size. However If you measure the shoes diameter you can then look to source anything similar from any model. I have a few different types but they are all for .12 engines and not the size you've got, however happy to measure and compare.

Could i not just replace the tamiya flywheel an two shoe clutch set up with a non tamiya 1/8 flywheel a 3 shoe set up as seen in HPI savages etc but still use the Nitrage clutch bell ?
I was thinking about something like this below .

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/211925/

17 hours ago, CiganoBoxer said:

Could i not just replace the tamiya flywheel an two shoe clutch set up with a non tamiya 1/8 flywheel a 3 shoe set up as seen in HPI savages etc but still use the Nitrage clutch bell ?
I was thinking about something like this below .

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/211925/

As long as it all fits yes you can. Shoes would be the easiest to solve for, but complete replacement of the flywheel, shoes and clutch bell is all doable. But check it fits!

Just an update ,i have managed to upgrade the  TNX 5.2 clutch by changing the clutch bell to a hobao 16t as the tamiya one is not wide enough to house a 3 shoe set up ,But as the nitrage has a very unusual clutch bell which uses a dog-bone so for that reason you can't change the clutch bell from the original tamiya one the nitrage comes ,so might be stuck with using a two shoe with the nitrage.