Sign in to follow this  
mastino

CC-01 the next generation

That is awesome.  Didn't have time to watch the entire video but I was kinda enjoying the Pound Shop Prodigy music :) 

• Like 1

They must be pretty gutted that the CC02 came out last year, after all that work!

I'm still not convinced 3D printing for load-bearing parts is to a standard it needs to be (I have some 3D printed chassis parts myself), but it's getting there. Still a pretty cool conversion if you want to maintain IFS too, would love one for my Pajero. 

This may be better than CC-02 if the steering geometry has less bump-steer.    The steering was the weakest thing about the CC-01, and I'm not sure if its any better in the CC-02.

Now If they could find a way to make the prop shaft a bit straighter, I'd be keen to put one together. (So much whining on my part)

This is a clever design. It is more a follow up on the CC01 than the official CC02. What I like is that there are no self tapping screws in the design. It uses proper nuts and bolts.

The comparison video on YT is not so good because in the clip the standard CC01 uses the normal Tamiya tires while the upgrade CC01 has special tires.