casperionx

Db-01 steering arm issues

So I've managed to get my hands on a db01 but the steering rod keeps getting stuck after turning right, infact it won't turn right much at all. Turning left is ok. Maybe the servo horn part is too thick? I'm not sure, but since I haven't come across any issues with this it must be due to the person I got it off - I've attached a photo of the situation to explain it a bit better. Anyone got any suggestions?

IMG_20200612_132044.jpg

It's sensitive to the forward / aft position of the servo. And the ball connector needs to be physically shortened to make it work properly. Check those first against the manual. The non-standard servo mounts you have might be contributing to the problem. Need more photos of your set up to diagnose it, but it's likely the ball connector is getting caught in the inner surface of the belt cover. 

Its getting caught on that pictured blue steering arm jst ahead of it. Looking at the instructions the positioning seems to be bang on too.
I have found some other issues which are probably contributing to this, (part of the left front upright is missing and I didnt notice it when I got it today) and the pin and hex nut combo doesnt sit right at all...

I also measured all the distances of the arms as per the instructions and fixed them all up too, most were spot on, the steering arm was a bit short, (2 mm) so i corrected that, but still seems to catch. Might see if I can sand off some of the aluminium from the servo holder and see how it goes. Also might try a different servo arm. Got a bunch of spares for it so thats a tomorrow job lol