Steewax

50692 F-1 Body Parts Set Type High Nose

Hi there, can anybody help me what F1 car this bodyset actually represents ? I thought a Williams FW18 without decals but it is confusing because the wings are definetly different. I can’t figure it out. Greetings Steve

FA3B9E34-F669-48E2-9D8A-034F8A46B7E3.jpeg

No those wings and body shape of the Reynard look completely different to me. Plus the Reynard came out later.

Me and a budy bought a F103 rc lot on ebay once. And it had this high nose body... it was painted in red and I assume it is a Ferrari body? Maybe the years 1998-2001?

I thought this was just a generic body for F1 racing and wasn't meant to be visually similar to anything? Tamiya have released a few bodies like this.

I think this was released in 1996 so it is likely it is supposed to replicate a 1995 F1 car. I actually don’t know any other generic F1 body Mist are called M type or F type and so on and represent a real car just it comes without the decals cause I think they did not have the rights. 

• Like 1

Some of the generic Tamiya F1 bodies are very close to their scale counterparts, but not identical. For example I have a Williams body and a W-type generic shell. The main body is almost the same, apart from the air intake which is a separate piece on the Williams and a simplified integrated one on the W-type. And the W-type comes with two nosecones.