Silverado

DT-03 Black Edition build! -This is going to be a proper basher

The wheels arrived! -sadly the orange is a bit toy like to me, so on the paint booth...

The tires and rest of the project should arrive tuesday, yay...

8E19747B-FE16-42EC-A50F-1E34DCFF45F9.jpeg

Much better now. I only painted the bits that show. Plastic primer, rallye black and clear. 

92465E24-CFB2-4DCF-84F0-155CE876A487.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 7:12 PM, Silverado said:

The tires were a nightmare to glue, had to cut the inserts a bit and still they did not seat 100% still, the look is nice imo.

8DC479B9-9EBA-4CEE-A9A3-58F376FF3875.jpeg

CDED9C15-1245-46E1-B0FE-BA884531F148.jpeg

BBD66892-0A2A-4EE3-AC40-B8F1A20713F7.jpeg

I do like a dt03 truck

IMG_2038.JPG.e1301eee79794958b7449f8126bfd944.JPG

Am considering getting an Amarok body set as I think the wheelbas is almost spot on?

• Like 1

Busdriver, amarok shell may be too wide?   

-The PL trenchers are nice size tires but..wow the Losi tires I ordered are mahoooossive!  -will glue them and post pics soon... this is going to be a Monster!

• Haha 1

I know this is not a proper bash, but the durability of this little buggy amazes me. Nothing has broken yet. The massive tires add a lot of stress to gears and this little thing just keeps on trucking.

will try to find some spot to bash next jumps etc to come

• Like 2

just to share my thoughts on this. absolutely loving the Ford bodies. Saw @ThunderDragonCy's and i thought it was the bees' knees. 

Floated the idea of having my own DT03. 2 things holding me back; I hate balls diffs, and the wheels not fitting in line with the wheel arches just grates my cheese so. Doesn't it bother anyone? I mean, i know its like this for alot(maybe almost all) of trucks. Is there a good reason why?

I wish Tamiya would launch a 270mm WB stadium truck chassis (these Proline bodies are for the Traxxas Stampedes, which have a 270mm WB) and a sealed gear diff. But nope. Recently just got back into the hobby. Just finished putting together a gear diff from an Xpress FT1 touring car. Amazing things them sealed gear diffs. Why didn't we have these 20 years ago?

By far the only stadium truck i know of that fits the wheel arches properly is the Stadium Thunder (260mm WB) which as everyone knows comes with the same body as with the Dyna Blaster. I didnt' realize it then when i had one, i was a kid who didnt understand what wheelbase was lol but thats entirely the reason why my old DB(280mm WB) looked so weird! 

So all racy stadium trucks have very long WB (around 290mm these days) I saw a not very expensive Xray XT2 from 2017 for not alot of money in my area and had the bad idea of buying it but... 289mm wb. 

• Like 1

@BruiseWayn The stock DT03 comes with an open gear diff. The ball diff is a hop up for the black edition.

Here is a thought. A DT02 with the front arms flipped forward (you need to convert the top arms to camber links, but it's easy to do) has a wheelbase on 272mm. 

6 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@BruiseWayn The stock DT03 comes with an open gear diff. The ball diff is a hop up for the black edition.

Here is a thought. A DT02 with the front arms flipped forward (you need to convert the top arms to camber links, but it's easy to do) has a wheelbase on 272mm. 

Ahh yes i know. Since i read yr DT03 thread i have downloaded an Agroshot manual to see what's what. 

i cross referenced the transmission part numbers and they share the transmission wif DT02. 

interesting idea on the front arm reversal. 

or as i found out recently, the HPI Jumpshot MT & SC both have a 270mm wheelbase. 

the ST(295?), MT & SC share a whole load of parts. transmission, front and rear arms and radio boxes etc. The only differences btwn the 3 kits are simply just chassis plates, bodies and wheels. And abit of this and that on the SC like bumpers and such. 

Back to those 3 kits. Only available as RTR so cost some decent coin.... 

4 hours ago, BruiseWayn said:

Ahh yes i know. Since i read yr DT03 thread i have downloaded an Agroshot manual to see what's what. 

i cross referenced the transmission part numbers and they share the transmission wif DT02. 

interesting idea on the front arm reversal. 

or as i found out recently, the HPI Jumpshot MT & SC both have a 270mm wheelbase. 

the ST(295?), MT & SC share a whole load of parts. transmission, front and rear arms and radio boxes etc. The only differences btwn the 3 kits are simply just chassis plates, bodies and wheels. And abit of this and that on the SC like bumpers and such. 

Back to those 3 kits. Only available as RTR so cost some decent coin.... 

Scroll about halfway down to see the front arm flip

https://www.thercracer.com/2013/10/tamiya-dt02-guide-mods-tuning-and-tips.html