Finnsllc

My own personal unicorn.....

Today the postman delivered a wonderful package straight from Singapore. By the way. DHL, 5 days shipping. No it wasn’t cheap to ship. However. Since the day I saw the Durga years ago and ended up buying a db01 RRR I have always wanted this kit. There has been a lot of negatives said but this was on my list no matter what. Finally I have it. It will be built once I can get the electronics I want for it. It will be ran. So excited. This is awesome to me. 

4SllFLB.jpg

• Like 10

5 days from Singapore. That's nearly miracle fast. I always wanted a dark impact but any time I would look at anything about it someone was crapping on it so i always balked. Knowing what I know now i would buy a re-re in a flat second.

• Like 1

u can get dark impact currently @XJman I just got one two weeks ago from FUSION HOBBIES

4 minutes ago, XJman said:

5 days from Singapore. That's nearly miracle fast. I always wanted a dark impact but any time I would look at anything about it someone was crapping on it so i always balked. Knowing what I know now i would buy a re-re in a flat second.

7 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

u can get dark impact currently @XJman I just got one two weeks ago from FUSION HOBBIES

I can. I guess it's being released because they dropped it in 14 or 15

6 hours ago, Howards said:

Subscribed. Do they have any more of these?!

The DB-02 you mean?

Hope you have fun with the build :). I got mine about 5 years ago. The build was kinda tricky, but it drives well. Not sure if you've been reading up on it, but the center drive cups tend to fail. I didn't think mine would, but the rear one melted (!). I was running a high powered brushless through it, but it may be worth looking into an upgrade. The center transmission is also a pain to shim correctly. 

Definitely a unique buggy though, and I'm glad I got one. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Howards said:

Yep

messaged u the link. Looks like i got the last one

Def will Try my best to document. I tried to do it once before and dont fell like i was successful. But, I will try. Not sure when im going to start. I really want to have the motor and esc i want before i start. Availability has been tough for me. Maybe its me but i cant get what i want at the moment. I dont wanna half build it. 

30 minutes ago, Green Tokyo said:

Build thread? That thing looks sweet!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

Def will Try my best to document. I tried to do it once before and dont fell like i was successful. But, I will try. Not sure when im going to start. I really want to have the motor and esc i want before i start. Availability has been tough for me. Maybe its me but i cant get what i want at the moment. I dont wanna half build it. 

That's understandable. I tried a build thread... It started well...but I lost touch with documenting parts, as I started to get excited about getting it built. So I pressed ahead without much thought for the process. 

Hopefully the next one will be better. 

Anyway, enjoy the build and the car. It looks fun! 

• Like 1

Would like to see a Build Thread on this unique Buggy!! 👍👍 

MY Unicorn is the Wild One. Availability AND Money never seem to come together...

Still not looking good, but I'm hopeful.

54 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

MY Unicorn is the Wild One. Availability AND Money never seem to come together...

Still not looking good, but I'm hopeful.

Same here.  Tower Hobbies in the US still lists it so I don't think the kit has been discontinued.  I'm going to backorder one with their coupon.  

• Like 1