9 hours ago, svenb said:

Hang fire with sourcing rear arms! I may have some 👍

Front and rear reinforced arms, fitted but not used

16237071431426882867246715151991.jpg

16 hours ago, svenb said:

Alternative to the plastic towers? 

Carbon👍

That allows bumper mounted posts or centre of wheel arch 

Can't find some here in the Philippines. Rcmart and Asiatees as well as Amain don't have stock.
In case you have any other options like 3d printing (can't find a STL file) please do share. or maybe a scaled layout wherein i can stencil alum. sheet and just make some.

Thought I'd dust off this topic a bit since I just got another box full of TA04 parts and wanted to show what I'm working on.

I've started a thread a couple of years ago with the 3D printed parts I made for the TA04. I didn't update the topic, but I did design a few more bits and pieces actually.

Here's the two TA04's I was building in the old thread:

09-B1687-1.jpg

09-B1725-1.jpg

09-B1708-1.jpg

09-B1709-1.jpg

And this is the new pile of bits that arrived from Japan a few weeks ago. It includes a silver motormount/cooler, more SSG parts to swap over and anti-roll bars. Probably some more nice stuff in the bags, like TRF dampers, aluminium steering, another motormount, diffs and way more.

09-B1655-1.jpg

The reason I bought the above lot of parts is because it came with an original TRF414 :) 

09-B1668-1.jpg

Love me a good TA04!

• Like 8

Never seen the 2-speed before! I do have one on my Kyosho TF2 and it doesn't work very well :D But it's a cool period upgrade.

8 hours ago, futureworks said:

Good thread. I'm definitely a TA04 fan, and have a very hoppy up one: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=136221&id=16836

I also recently found an aftermarket TA04/TRF414 2-speed transmission (https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=137808&id=16836) - has anyone seen or used one of these before?

That's a strange old thing mate🤔 I understand the idea for nitro powered but not electric. 

Nice SS by the way 👍

• Like 1

This is the perfect thread for me right now, thanks! 

I am considering picking up a reasonably priced TA-04S. The CLK one to be exact: https://tamiyabase.com/tamiya-models/58279

I have a TT02 for carpark driving, this would be more of an occasional drive and for the joy of building a TA-04 as I've never built one. 

Are parts still available these days?