Alexei

aluminium universal shafts

so, im planning to order an TT-02 Type-S, and i would probably get some universal shafts down the road. im thinking of using aluminium shafts for rear and front, because it reduces weight on rotational mass, and it looks good :)

but would aluminium shafts work for the front? i plan to use an Tamiya Sport Tuned motor, or an brushless setup of an comparable (or slightly more powerful) power level to the Tamiya sport tuned motor.

If you are using a diff, you ought to be okay. However if you are using a spool, steel would be better as they are very hard on the universals. You might also consider double cardan ones up front if using a spool. 

• Like 1

Aluminium shafts would definitely work up front, but also more more likely to bend if you have a bump

the plan is to just use the stock diffs, no spool. would be for a street basher, but i have some places nearby with pretty good surface for driving. a basketball court and a stadium with no bumps :) 

If it’s just a basher, you should just use the stock ones until they break or bend, and then replace them with the CVDs.

it’s easy to get caught up on upgrades that you don’t really need for the type of use you are contemplating.

• Like 1

it isnt something im going to start out with, but im considering doing it another time. just want to do some research beforehand.