foz75

Novafox incoming :)

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

Thank you Super ally, I just bought the last one from Modeltune...

No problem glad to help.

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

Thank you Super ally, I just bought the last one from Modeltune...

Nice, you going to run it ?

I'm pretty sure it'll stay in its box, though you never know - especially if another Novafox run materialises (incidentally - I still haven't worked out if this will happen, there's another recent  thread on this forum that discusses this and concludes (I think) that another run is imminent??).  

These days I'm more of a collector than anything else, I also have several original Foxes in various states.  I'm really a vintage guy through and through but seeing as the Fox is the most beautiful Tamiya buggy ever, I thought I'd make an exception and get the re release

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hudson said:

I'm pretty sure it'll stay in its box, though you never know - especially if another Novafox run materialises (incidentally - I still haven't worked out if this will happen, there's another recent  thread on this forum that discusses this and concludes (I think) that another run is imminent??).  

These days I'm more of a collector than anything else, I also have several original Foxes in various states.  I'm really a vintage guy through and through but seeing as the Fox is the most beautiful Tamiya buggy ever, I thought I'd make an exception and get the re release

The fox is my favourite too,this is my never run fox.

Screenshot_20201031-201136.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Super ally said:

The fox is my favourite too,this is my never run fox.

Looks great! I can't really claim mine has never run... I've had it since about 1987 I think!

IMG_8967_Crop.JPG

IMG_8965_Crop.JPG

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, AJB123 said:

Looks great! I can't really claim mine has never run... I've had it since about 1987 I think!

IMG_8967_Crop.JPG

IMG_8965_Crop.JPG

This is my fox from 1987 as well,its with my local hobby shop at moment getting ready to run again.

Screenshot_20201031-215802.jpg

• Like 1

How much power will a stock Fox/Novafox gearbox hold?

I have an OG Fox but I am afraid to run it hard, especially with the stock hex drives.

20200802_130958.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mrowka said:

How much power will a stock Fox/Novafox gearbox hold?

I have an OG Fox but I am afraid to run it hard, especially with the stock hex drives.

I've only ever had a standard silver can in mine. Almost all of its use was back in the day when it got through the 2 original aluminium pinions (the first one to the point it totally stripped its teeth), one steel pinion and one motor (brushes completely disintegrated), but the rest of the gearbox is totally original with very little obvious wear, so in my experience the gearbox is strong.

The hex drives were rubbish - it got through 2 sets of those, the second being what put it into retirement back in the day. It's now been revived on NovaFox driveshafts (they're a straight swap as long as you reuse the fiddly original little metal c-clips instead of using NovaFox E clips, as the NovaFox gearbox case has been modified to make space for the E clips).

Plastics will get more brittle with age though, so there's always a risk of parts breaking with hard use now.

• Thanks 1

@Mrowka   I just ordered a Super Stock RZ for my Vintage Fox... will report back how it goes. I asked a similar question and got some helpful feedback  in the post below.