cyilmaz

Boomerang or Sand Scorcher

Hello,

I love Tamiya RC cars and i am new in forum. I have a Hilux and Vintage Hornet.  In my  country it is harf to find re-release Tamiya iconic cars. But  i found Boomerang and Sand Scorcher in a shop for same price and i want to get one. Which one  do you prefer? I need suggestions.

If you plan to run the car then get the Boomerang. If you want something for the eye to enjoy get the Sand Scorcher.

(At the same price I'd go for the Sand Scorcher, but that's just me and my choice).

• Like 2

I agree with @mongoose1983, Boomerang to run, Sand Scorcher for anything else. I have a Boomerang and its a decent runner, I don't have a Sand Scorcher but thats because they are expensive and not as good as a runner as more modern cars. 

I would buy the Sand Scorcher because they are usually twice the price of a Boomerang and everyone needs one SRB right?

Where are you based? If you don't want the Sand Scorcher and shipping is reasonable then I might buy it...

• Like 1

I would disagree with mongoose1983 and Jonathon. 4WD buggies leave me cold driving them in isolation. Not enough drama for me. I find the Scorcher's handling entertaining on a beach, and the weight helps it ride the sand in a pleasing

and realistic way. It's also a far more beautiful object than the Boomerang in my opinion.

• Like 2

If they are the same price buy the Sand Scorcher, far better value for money, the scorcher is usually double the price of a Boomerang

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fuijo said:

It's also a far more beautiful object than the Boomerang in my opinion

That's for sure!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

If they are the same price either the Boomerang is expensive or the Sand Scorcher is cheap. 

I have a Sand Scorcher and love it, but mine has the optional ball diff in it so I can use it on hard surfaces without it ‘grip’ rolling over in stock form without the Diff. If you are only using a Sand Scorcher on loose surfaces it would be fine not to have a Differential.

As said a Sand Scorcher is a beautiful thing (to me anyway!)

I have a Kyosho Javelin 4WD buggy and love that too, but is a completely different experience to the Sand Scorcher and goes a lot more places the Sand Scorcher can’t.

In summary, as Tamiya’s are hard for you to come by, definitely get both 😁

• Like 2

Thank you everybody. I will buy it to display not for much running. My also first choice was also Sand Scorcher but i love the boomerang too thats  why i want to get your opinions. For now  my bugget let me buy only one. Maybe i can but a hotshot in the future instead of boomerang :)

@Jonathon Gillham i live in Turkey... I added  it to my info...

• Like 2