Michael123

TBLE-02 S with Carson Reflex Wheel X1 issue

Hi all,

I am new to the hobby and have bought a used DT-03 Neo Fighter. The model worked fine, until after one week or so the car didn't take any signals after ending my ride. At that moment I thought it was just the battery that was too empty (the batteries were very old). The steering was maxed out to the right and the ESC was just blinking green in a "normal" speed. As far as I know this means that it doesn't get a signal from the receiver. 

I bought two new transceiver and receiver combinations, namely the "Carson Reflex Wheel X1". Both don't work with the same "symptoms" (which is why I bought the second one in the first place, I was thinking the first Rx might be broken). 

I attached the receiver connector to channel 2 of the receiver. Then I attached the battery to the ESC and switched the ESC on (with motor cables detached). After that I pressed the "SW" button on the receiver. According to the instructions of the Rx the Rx's LED should now start blinking, but it doesn't. I tried it several times, in all 4 channels, with and without the servo attached. Whether or not the transceiver is on doesn't seem to make any difference. The ESC just keeps on blinking as described above. 

I then had the idea that the ESC is broken maybe. I tried setting it into different modes (brushed and brushless, with and without Low Voltage Protection Setup) and all of that seems to work, at least the ESCs LED does what is expected according to the ESCs manual. 

So, the ESC seems to be OK, at least the LED works. I tried three different Rxs (the original one that came with the model and two new Carson ones). I am at a loss what is wrong here and hope that I'm just too new and am overseeing something very simple. Does the Rx not receive any electricity from the ESC maybe? 

Here are some photos. 

ESC:

image.thumb.png.b853c9777952cc96b8797c22ac2eba94.png

Receiver:

image.png.e81e25a74bae81d0f32b70991912c04f.png

Whole setup:

image.png.1d18b6e325e3415027e5968a64d70386.png

Do you have any ideas? All input is much appreciated!

Thanks a lot! 

Michael

To be honest buy an hobbywing esc,  I think those tamiya tble-02 have a mind of there own, I had 3 of those that I had problems with, I stop using them and only use hobbywing esc they never give me trouble.

The only thing that you could try is to set the throttle mode on reverse on your transmitter sometimes that works for the esc.

• Like 1

That esc work, very good esc and easy to set up much better then the tamiya.

• Like 1

Many thanks again, Danny! Since the only hobbywing ones I found have a shipping time of 6 weeks or so I have ordered a Tamiya one again for now anyway. I'll report here if that solved the problem. I will likely also order the hobbywing one to have a spare in the future, but I don't want to wait that long. 

I had similar problem to you in that my receiver seemed to have no power from the Tamiya esc. The manual is a nightmare to understand. Changed to a Hobbywing 1060 and had  no problems so far.

• Like 1

Thanks, all! 

Just to close the loop on this one: The new ESC arrived and that was indeed the problem. I had thought that due to the old ESC still having working LEDs and being programable in all ways that it was still good, but it wasn't. So thanks again to @dannymulder for the hint!

On 6/20/2020 at 4:57 PM, kentphil said:

I had similar problem to you in that my receiver seemed to have no power from the Tamiya esc. The manual is a nightmare to understand. Changed to a Hobbywing 1060 and had  no problems so far.

@kentphil Can you please send a link to that ESC? Thanks!

Michael

I had trouble with this when my EPA (end point adjustment) on my digital radio was not long enough, and it lost it's end point programming, it refused to operate just flashed away its lights forever. increased the EPA slightly and re run the end point setting program on the ESC and it started working again.

I have had this issue with other ESC's before, not saying it's what your problem is, I don't know how your radio works, but if it has EPA make sure it's at maximum, and that all trims are centered as they can alter your EPA too. 

I'm going to assume your model is steering perfectly fine.

Juls

• Like 1

Hi Juls,

My radio is a very simple one, it doesn't have EPA as far as I know. The model works fine now, all good it seems. The new ESC did the trick. But I'll keep that in mind should I ever have a radio that con do that. 

Thanks!

Michael