Sign in to follow this  
Mozzie

DF03 Gearbox Cover Alternatives

Hi 😄

I wondered if anyone knows of an alternate DF03 gear box covers or how to adapt the stock one in any way. 

I noticed when I built it that overtightening creates a gap to the motor plate and the seal isn't quite right if you slacken it off to allow for that   Mine has let a bit of dust in after running it and have had to clean it.

I can see there's a limited edition clear blue tree of parts, that looks potentially like it's made of more sturdy plastic, but hard to tell, hoping one of you has used this and can confirm.

Was also wondering about trying to seal it somehow too but guessing heat from the motor plate might be an issue so have no idea what material I might be able to use, or maybe anti wear grease might be my only option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Juhunio just tagging you in case you already solved this on your build 👍

The DF03RA uses a different gearbox cover.  It's a better fit over the gearbox plate but it is smaller so you have to use smaller spur gears that are normally used with the rally/on road version of the DF03.  I have a thread on this, so I'll find it and post it up.

Thank you @Fruitfly01 I did come across that post but wondered if it might bow as well and does limit my spur options.  I'm using the 78t spur currently so I'll see if I can get one ordered 

Speaking as someone who's recently bought and fitted the "limited edition" clear parts including the trans cover, it still has the same exact problem as the stock one. I personally don't intend to run my DF03 on dirty/dusty conditions since I'm building a shelf queen, but I hope this input helped, and saved you the trouble of trying them out.

Cheers,