Sign in to follow this  
axel68

first 4WD first run

In case anyone is curious, it is a brushed setup.

Kyosho 550 Class G-Series 14T motor
Hobby Wing Quickrun 1060 ESC powered by 2S lipo
AKA Chainlink tires (saving the Super Sand tires from the asphalt back alley)

Built her up in 2017 then I was in a car accident (real car ;-).... project sat finished but with no electronics until now. Need to get myself another 4WD!

• Like 1

I am very tempted to get one of these or a Javelin. I had a number of Tamiya models back in the 80s but the optima and optima mid turbo I had were probably the most capable buggies I had. My original optima had an ESC and a Trinity Monster horsepower motor. It took so much abuse and hardly anything ever broke on it.

Your car...?  Pretty car!

Me likey very muchly, looks very good with the fluro 2.2's too. Are the chainlink tyres good on tarmac as well as hard packed dirt?

On 7/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, thegorf said:

Your car...?  Pretty car!

Me likey very muchly, looks very good with the fluro 2.2's too. Are the chainlink tyres good on tarmac as well as hard packed dirt?

Thank you!

The chainlinks are super sticky on asphalt. I'll be trying them out next on some hard packed dirt and I'll report back then  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, Hifonics said:

I am very tempted to get one of these or a Javelin. I had a number of Tamiya models back in the 80s but the optima and optima mid turbo I had were probably the most capable buggies I had. My original optima had an ESC and a Trinity Monster horsepower motor. It took so much abuse and hardly anything ever broke on it.

So have you made a decision on either the Javelin or an Optima?  If not....Just Do it! :lol:

4 hours ago, axel68 said:

So have you made a decision on either the Javelin or an Optima?  If not....Just Do it! :lol:

I have a Cat XLS to build and a CR-01 to finish before I buy anything else!