Just messing around here - I thought people might like to see the little.buddy I'm making for the full-sized lunch box. This is for my 4 year old.

I got a new ray pullback monster can for a couple of quid on eBay - and am going to try to paint it up.

IMG_20200618_150950278.jpg

• Like 4

Not perfect, but it will clean up ok. The shell won't come off without breaking. Looking forward to doing some details now.

IMG_20200619_070517892~2.jpg

• Like 5

Fun project!

The trick to getting clean window rubber lines it to use masking tape - put it over the whole window area then press the tape against the edges of the raised surround, and trim it with a sharp knife... then you can just paint the rubbers with a brush and peel off the tape to leave a straight line:

i-V5v6hLK-XL.jpg

Jx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really should have done that! Was just in too much of a rush to get it running 😬

• Haha 1

It's not perfect - the mini decals were beyond my limited skills. But it does the job - my son thinks it's great. These New Ray pullbacks are really well made, with full working suspension.

IMG_20200621_093125262~2.jpg

• Like 3

Is the monster beetle back in stock yet? I clearly have too much time on my hands....

20200621_111831-COLLAGE.jpg

• Like 3

I saw this link on Facebook the other day, and while not directly related, I think anyone into micro vehicles is likely to get a kick out of it!

Jenny x

• Like 6