Rb4276

Rebuilding dn01

Started the strip down to replace the broken chassis and nose cover. Already hit a snag found 2 hexes in the front bumper worn down from running and need to dremel out. Im also going to replace numerous other pieces since i have so many spares. Also going to add aluminum steering and rear front suspension mount. 

6B621670-B994-4015-AA37-A462FBEE85E1.jpeg

0280D0FB-2DCB-4B9E-AC30-C81ABE77EDC0.jpeg

• Like 2

Rear almost done, finally added the one aluminum front rear suspension piece. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

For someone getting ready to build this car, is there anything you feel are essential upgrades for durability? I have a slipper clutch and aluminum motor plate already on order. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Room335 said:

For someone getting ready to build this car, is there anything you feel are essential upgrades for durability? I have a slipper clutch and aluminum motor plate already on order. Thanks in advance!

Most essential imo Replace the plastic diff drives with the aluminum 42167, the plastic get stuck when rebuilding the ball diff. Depending what motor you are putting in you may need to add weight to the front with the suspension weight. There is 2 types i believe. Id also get rid of the pins and change to hex for the rear tires before i did i lost a wheel 2 or 3 times. 
ive had the car for over 4 years, only broke 2 arms front and rear before cracking this chassis. The ball diff can be a pain getting right. 
i finished to a roller, i didnt add the aluminum steering. Saved alot of time and it is rare to find. Id rather keep it sealed. I also kept the towers figured id wait until they are totally shot  

170A7052-C947-41E5-AE22-6C7657CE8B02.jpeg

• Like 3

Rb4276 I notice that you have hop-up aluminium screw wheels for attaching the battery holder. The plastic ones are a bit of a pain. Do you know what Tamiya number they are?

4 minutes ago, Manix92 said:

Rb4276 I notice that you have hop-up aluminium screw wheels for attaching the battery holder. The plastic ones are a bit of a pain. Do you know what Tamiya number they are?

They aren’t tamiya. They are exotek they cost about $10 lol. I also have a carbon battery plate by them. I think that runs about $15

What happened to your front suspension tower?

Do you know the part number for the rear forward aluminium suspension support? 

26 minutes ago, Howards said:

What happened to your front suspension tower?

Do you know the part number for the rear forward aluminium suspension support? 

The front shock tower?

just worn down because i drive it on the street most of the time and from flipping skidding on the pavement. 
the part numbers vary because there is different degrees for those aluminum parts. One is 54243 for the rear end one under the bumper. The front rear end suspension mount near the battery in my picture you can see is 54291 or 54292

Rb4276 looking at your pictures and needing to drill out a screw I'm beginning to think maybe I might add a aluminium skid plate and bond it to the bumper.

1 hour ago, Manix92 said:

Rb4276 looking at your pictures and needing to drill out a screw I'm beginning to think maybe I might add a aluminium skid plate and bond it to the bumper.

That would def help, but i think part of the problem is i mostly drive this car on the street.  This is not the first time ive had to do it. So its constantly hitting concrete, curbs, flipping. Which also shows how durable it is, especially the towers. 

Nice!!!!!

How in the world did you break that chassis!!!!???!!!???

21 minutes ago, GTodd said:

Nice!!!!!

How in the world did you break that chassis!!!!???!!!???

Went straight under my daughters power wheels At about 30mph and the front shock tower must of clipped underneath it, only reasonable explanation

786A1815-DECD-4434-98C2-AFDAA50AFDE9.jpeg