Sign in to follow this  
Ridge

Best place to order a DN01 Zahhak / TRF201

Had an email from fed ex, should arrive on Friday.

Struggling to get my hands on any road style tyres so it’s looking like dual block k’s will have to do for the TT02B, hope they last as they’re far from cheap!

2 hours ago, Ridge said:

Had an email from fed ex, should arrive on Friday.

Struggling to get my hands on any road style tyres so it’s looking like dual block k’s will have to do for the TT02B, hope they last as they’re far from cheap!

you can look for the duratrax bandito/ louise rocket, they are very good onroad tires good grip and last long, you can get them pre mounted for buggies or only the tire, they are not that hard to find. 

https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=189754&lang=eng

https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=189751&lang=eng

• Thanks 1

@Ridge wahwah did the same to me about 2 months ago. I ordered a 201, they refunded paypal the following morning. I did get a note saying they were unable to ship due to corona. But i think they didnt have the 201 in stock; nonupdated webstore id presume

• Thanks 1

I didn’t really want premounted as I already had wheels on the way but maybe I’ll get some so I have options. I looked for a long time for the bandito, they were my first choice. 

On 6/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, Ridge said:

Zanhaak ordered from asiatees, the 201 would have been nice but this is more in keeping with my budget. 

I wish someone could explain to me why Asiatees can ship a car to the US in 5-7 days for $35 when RCmart wants over $100.  

Probably because they are a bigger seller who ships more items in bulk so they can get a discount? Plus,  they  advertise that they are shouldering some of the ship cost???

31 minutes ago, burakol said:

Probably because they are a bigger seller who ships more items in bulk so they can get a discount? Plus,  they  advertise that they are shouldering some of the ship cost???

Rcmart is for sure bigger seller. Asiatees is shouldering some of the cost during this time and that’s why it’s cheaper. 

For anyone that sees this in the future I now realise a 45a esc is no good for that motor and a 3S. My theory was I believe wrong, the current draw is constant and not related to voltage so the 56a motor is over the ESC’s capability.

Naturally I’ve fixed it by ordering a 3800kv 3660 60a combo, the 3660 will squeeze into the TT02B with its 120a esc, it didn’t need more power but soon it’ll have it. 

That leaves me with a 60a esc and a 3100kv motor for the DN01 and a 45a esc and 4300kv motor for the spares bin. I am concerned it’s too much on 3S but I don’t want to buy another battery at the moment so we’ll see what happens. 

56 minutes ago, Ridge said:

For anyone that sees this in the future I now realise a 45a esc is no good for that motor and a 3S. My theory was I believe wrong, the current draw is constant and not related to voltage so the 56a motor is over the ESC’s capability.

Naturally I’ve fixed it by ordering a 3800kv 3660 60a combo, the 3660 will squeeze into the TT02B with its 120a esc, it didn’t need more power but soon it’ll have it. 

That leaves me with a 60a esc and a 3100kv motor for the DN01 and a 45a esc and 4300kv motor for the spares bin. I am concerned it’s too much on 3S but I don’t want to buy another battery at the moment so we’ll see what happens. 

how big is your 3s battery, 3s batteries are most of the time higher then 2s, and when  I had a zahhak my 2s lipo just fit, the 2s battery was 25mm high, so I think that you have to buy another battery.

It’s an Overlander 4500mah 55C 3S. Low profile so only 24mm, there’s a tiny amount of space to spare on the tt02b so hopefully it’ll be all good! Thanks for the info.