rwordenjr

How quickly a collection can grow🌲

I just realized today that in the span of 4 months, I’ve acquired all these cars/trucks. I think it’s time to drive these instead of buying more lol. Very hard though to pass up some of the deals you see online. Do you guys buy cars/trucks also just because too good of deal to pass up? 

9248B2F8-D0D2-46AA-8587-94FCE7F61A58.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Yeah because someone *cough* DM’d me a deal I couldn’t refuse. 

Since the lockdown, I have acquired:

Blackfoot
Novafox
TT-02 Subaru Impreza ‘99
Manta Ray
Top Force
Zahhak

On top of my existing plasma edge and racing fighter. 

Ive driven the Subaru once, the Blackfoot 3-4 times, the Top Force hasn’t been run yet and I need to build the Novafox and zahhak although I’ll likely keep the Novafox in the box for a while.  

Part of the reason some haven’t been driven and I’m not in a huge rush to build what I have not yet build is lack of access to radio systems. I refuse to eBay from a China anymore.  I have an order for 2 17t motors that shipped May 7 from China and the last status was “passed through Shenzen facility. I have no idea where they are or when they’ll be delivered. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Let me chime in... 

Prior to the lock down, I only have these cars built and occasionally run:

GF01 LC

TT02 Eneos RCF

TT01E Scirocco

HPI e10

All the cars above are in stock form besides full ball bearing and aluminum propeller. The on-road cars have been used before in the afterschool club I sponsored during the school year. I do have a BNIB Super Astute ReRe that I have not dared to open and build... 

Since the lock down, I have acquired:

Manta Ray

CC01 Mu 

Dynahead (on the way) 

Mk2 HotShot (currently rebuilding) 

I've also bought some spares here and there, a brushless motor, 1060ESC, and still eyeing my final purchase for the year (I think) which is a Terra Scorcher. In the mix, I was also able to piece in and build a running M03 chassis. It does not have a shell at the moment, but I am in the process of 3-d printing a Mini Copper for it... 

I think for me, the main reason I've bought some during this time is the fact that I am stuck at home and looking for something to do. I enjoy tinkering around and turning wrenches. Also, I am trying to get my kids into it so I can spend time doing things with them. However, I try to scour all over the internet to find the best place for deals. Price/cost is my determining factor if I am to buy a new RC or not. 

• Like 1

Prior to lockdown, the plan was to sell 3 of 5 crawlers and thin the herd.  That's not counting the other 14 vehicles that are either collectibles or the kids runners.  Only 1 crawler was sold and I've acquired another crawler and 3 M chassis cars.  I need an RC's Anonymous support group...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

What would my future hold if I buy things in dozens?  (I'm a bit worried, but less than my wife...)

96KRSnp.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, Juggular said:

What would my future hold if I buy things in dozens?  (I'm a bit worried, but less than my wife...)

96KRSnp.jpg

Flysky rx? What Tx do you use? Im also considering buying a new radio... I'm having a hard time finding a rx for my older radiolink RC4G, and if I do, it's about 20bux for one. 

As Schultz would say (Hogan's Heroes) I know nothing, i hear nothing, i see nothing:lol:

the only real collection that will always be here and i try to give it not much thought or attention until i feel it's time and that's all the Fargin Dust!

• Haha 1

I'm using the cheapest one, GT3B (don't get the "B" version, it uses 8 batteries).  GT3C is an upgraded version which uses less power (4 batteries).  

Incidentally, Radiolink RC6G is on my shopping list!  (I want to see how gyro works)  

The newer receivers for the Radiolink gear are actually cheaper... the ones I have all have gyro and it's a nifty feature... too bad its not backwards compatible. 

• Thanks 1

You're not alone.

I buy cars faster than I can restore them. There is a list of cars I want and buy when I can.

Also, I buy parts that I know I need and put them aside.

Will get to them at some point in time. B)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Juggular said:

I'm using the cheapest one, GT3B (don't get the "B" version, it uses 8 batteries).  GT3C is an upgraded version which uses less power (4 batteries).  

Incidentally, Radiolink RC6G is on my shopping list!  (I want to see how gyro works)  

Doesn't GT3C have a recharagable battery ?

Other option if you like sticks in the i6, which only takes 4 batteries too.

6 hours ago, Juggular said:

96KRSnp.jpg

I’ve done exactly that (same with servos and motors)

JJ

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, burakol said:

Flysky rx? What Tx do you use? Im also considering buying a new radio... I'm having a hard time finding a rx for my older radiolink RC4G, and if I do, it's about 20bux for one. 

Can also buy absima Transmitter

i bought a really cheap one with 2 x receivers from modelsport just for pairing my shelf queens

JJ

Lock down has got market for RC things heated up. I’ve seen some really good deals going down and I’ve seen some surprising prices on other things.  

Im trying to be fiscally responsible but some deals are too good to pass up like the $500 nib bruiser kits from tamiya.  

10 hours ago, burakol said:

The newer receivers for the Radiolink gear are actually cheaper... the ones I have all have gyro and it's a nifty feature... too bad its not backwards compatible. 

have you tried the 6 channel receivers, I see they sell them to for the 4 channel  transmitter  to  so I assume they work.

I have 2 trackstar transmitters, that are rebrand radiolink transmitters with  the gyro, I have used on reciever from radiolink without the gyro, and it work fine with mine transmitter, I need more recievers myself to,  so it is nice to know if the 6 channel ones work.

56 minutes ago, Shodog said:

Lock down has got market for RC things heated up. I’ve seen some really good deals going down and I’ve seen some surprising prices on other things.  

Im trying to be fiscally responsible but some deals are too good to pass up like the $500 nib bruiser kits from tamiya.  

I was dumb and waffled on that deal too long and missed out on the Bruiser.  I have a couple but I should have acted on that one!

53 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

have you tried the 6 channel receivers, I see they sell them to for the 4 channel  transmitter  to  so I assume they work.

I have 2 trackstar transmitters, that are rebrand radiolink transmitters with  the gyro, I have used on reciever from radiolink without the gyro, and it work fine with mine transmitter, I need more recievers myself to,  so it is nice to know if the 6 channel ones work.

I bought the 6ch RX and the 4ch mini RX from the newer Radio models but I both returned it. Unfortunately, even thought it was advertised to work for my RC4G, it did not. I contacted Radiolink directly and they confirmed that binding it to the older transmitters is not 100%... so in short, it is highly unlikely to work and recommended me to "upgrade" to a newer gear... I was lucky to find one an old RX on eBay a few weeks ago (R4EH-G) for cheap, but I am still in constant lookout... I need 2 or three more... 

39 minutes ago, burakol said:

I bought the 6ch RX and the 4ch mini RX from the newer Radio models but I both returned it. Unfortunately, even thought it was advertised to work for my RC4G, it did not. I contacted Radiolink directly and they confirmed that binding it to the older transmitters is not 100%... so in short, it is highly unlikely to work and recommended me to "upgrade" to a newer gear... I was lucky to find one an old RX on eBay a few weeks ago (R4EH-G) for cheap, but I am still in constant lookout... I need 2 or three more... 

thanks for your reply, now I know that  I do not have to  try the newer 6 and 4 channel reciever, I think I am going to by the flysky gt5 to see how that transmitter is, and use the 2 trackstar transmitters that I have with the 10 recievers until they stop working, maybe I find the older r4eh-g recievers.

34 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

thanks for your reply, now I know that  I do not have to  try the newer 6 and 4 channel reciever, I think I am going to by the flysky gt5 to see how that transmitter is, and use the 2 trackstar transmitters that I have with the 10 recievers until they stop working, maybe I find the older r4eh-g recievers.

I will try another receiver... a Radiolink R4F. I think this was the last receiver they sold before releasing the updated RC4GS... I've also read on other RC forums that the rebranded DumboRC X6F might work... I also read that the Trackstar TS4G receiver may work with the Radiolink Tx... I might try all those eventually until Ive exhausted everything before deciding to "upgrade"....

@rwordenjr didn't mean to thread jack and be off-topic... sorry... 

2 minutes ago, burakol said:

I will try another receiver... a Radiolink R4F. I think this was the last receiver they sold before releasing the updated RC4GS... I've also read on other RC forums that the rebranded DumboRC X6F might work... I also read that the Trackstar TS4G receiver may work with the Radiolink Tx... I might try all those eventually until Ive exhausted everything before deciding to "upgrade"....

@rwordenjr didn't mean to thread jack and be off-topic... sorry... 

banggood stil sell the R4EH-G recievers I just ordered 3 of them, hobbyking do not have the trackstar anymore

On 6/20/2020 at 6:14 AM, Mark_C said:

Doesn't GT3C have a recharagable battery ?

Other option if you like sticks in the i6, which only takes 4 batteries too.

Yep , I think most comes with a rechargeable LiPo.  Some old stock might come with an AA battery tray though.  

On 6/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, dannymulder said:

banggood stil sell the R4EH-G recievers I just ordered 3 of them, hobbyking do not have the trackstar anymore

Yeah I saw that...but for $20+, and endless waiting, I'm somewhat turn-off with the idea of being it from them... I bought a rebrand DumboRC X6F from Amazon which should be here Tuesday. Someone from Rcgroup.com claimed it worked in his RC3 gear... 

13 minutes ago, burakol said:

Yeah I saw that...but for $20+, and endless waiting, I'm somewhat turn-off with the idea of being it from them... I bought a rebrand DumboRC X6F from Amazon which should be here Tuesday. Someone from Rcgroup.com claimed it worked in his RC3 gear... 

I have paid 15 euro for them, thats about 16.69 dollar not a bad price, and I do not need them quick  they are for later projects so I don't mind if they  show up over a month or a little longer,  but  I know that they wil work, I am not going to buy a lot of differant brand receivers to try them out if they work or not.

• Like 1

I added another 2 cars today - **** that eBay 

a year ago I had about 3 cars and now I have 23 :(

JJ

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

I added another 2 cars today - **** that eBay 

a year ago I had about 3 cars and now I have 23 :(

JJ

What did you get?