rwordenjr

How quickly a collection can grow🌲

51 minutes ago, Snappy1 said:

I am sitting on Approx 60 cars:ph34r:

Nice :) 

tbh ive run out of kits I want to build 

JJ

I've now got 18 cars and thats about me done collecting I think. I have all the models, or representatives from the family, of the cars I wanted as a kid so there aren't any that I really want anymore.

I did also manage to sell my old race cars when i got new ones rather than end up with old racers in the garage which I thought was a win.

In saying that I have been eyeing up a new touring car all year, pretty much to sit in its box on top of my TA07 in its box. Rather than get a TB05 I went with the TA07 exotek carbon conversion so I don't get more cars, even though I'm pretty sure a TB05 will arrive in the next year...then an exo6.2 conversion for it...and probably all the bits to make another TA07 from the leftover bits...and a standard TB05 once the other one i haven't bought yet is converted...

The best thing to do is just not count them. Keep buying them until you run out of shelf / living space.

• Like 2

keep counting, you guys are making me feel better :)

I have been trying not to buy more recently, certainly not for the prices that a lot of stuff is on ebay. TL-01s are going for £80 or more.

Nothing against the TL-01 but prices only increase from there!

I do have a list of "wants" for parts, mostly body shells but thats at the whim of Tamiya re-releasing them.

I have the same problem I can't stop buying cars, I started 5 years ago with this hobby, I think I owned around 35 cars, then this year redused them to 7 cars told myself not to buy more cars , but after 3 months it is grown to 14 cars:ph34r: so I can't help myself.

I must stop looking on the web for cars and bargians.

I said the classic I`ll just get a lunchbox to ward off boredom during lockdown, A lunchbox, tt02, Jimny and an on its way MF01X merc cabrio later, I think I`m officially hooked again

1 minute ago, Problemchild said:

DUFDc1i.jpg

Yeah I had a red delivery today 

JJ

Did it come with HIM?!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wetman said:

Did it come with HIM?!!

Tan...tan....taaahhhhn 😂

• Haha 2

My fleet grows but very slowly. Part of the fun is in researching the next addition, choosing and sourcing the most effective hop-ups so that they are ready to install during the build, etc, plus there is saving for them, so I'd say I'm lucky if I can add 3 cars per year.

However since each one takes so much research, thought and planning, by the time it arrives I am pretty close to 100% positive it is exactly what I want, so it stays in the fleet and doesn't get sold. 

A few years ago bought a hotshot because I realised Tamiya was still a thing, after 25 years of assuming it was just a  ‘fad’ from my childhood in the 80s/early 90s. Thought it’d be a novelty to own one.

Now I have 40 kits, 18 of which are built, and a mountain of parts and hop ups. 

I failed to keep the T-number below 1. 

• Like 3

Reading these posts about how many cars you guys have bought makes me think you must be single with no kids.I bought 2 cars last 2 years and my other half thought i was mad ☹

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Super ally said:

Reading these posts about how many cars you guys have bought makes me think you must be single with no kids.I bought 2 cars last 2 years and my other half thought i was mad ☹

2 out of my 3 annual cars are typically birthday and Christmas presents from my other half - she is excellent at picking up on my hints! I can't say I'd enjoy the hobby anywhere near as much if it wasn't for her support. I don't think I would be at all happy trying to sneak things in under the radar, or be pressured into selling or downsizing. 

2 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

2 out of my 3 annual cars are typically birthday and Christmas presents from my other half - she is excellent at picking up on my hints! I can't say I'd enjoy the hobby anywhere near as much if it wasn't for her support. 

Your lucky,my other half thinks they are toys which in a way shes right.I bought a never run fox few weeks ago from ebay and paid £530 for it.She still cant believe i paid that.😂

My missus hates me for it 

she will go “and how much was that one”

but all put money goes into 1 pot and all bills etc come out of that - then we both get spending money.

i buy tamiya cars 

she buys.... well she saves it haha

tbh I moved to an electric real car 2 years ago and that saves me £70 a month in fuel plus lockdown means no £6 a day at the work cafe plus costa etc etc 

so it’s working in my favour 

JJ

I always tell this cautionary tale. Be careful with what you share with the missus about your R/C collection. My ex wife knew full well what it took to build my collection. All the buying of old hobby shop stock and selling on eBay I did. The business ventures I did to make and sell parts.  The day after she asked for a divorce she printed off every entry I had in my tamiya club showroom and logged my collection as a community property asset. This precluded me from selling anything to help with lawyer and divorce costs. She took my real car because it was paid off. I had to sell her SUV at a $6k loss and buy another car to get around in. The kicker, I had to give her the value of my half of my real car just so I could keep my toy cars. So try not to brag to them about what things are worth  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

God swmbo thinks mine are worth half what they cost me ;)

never though of them as an asset in a divorce 

JJ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shodog said:

I always tell this cautionary tale. Be careful with what you share with the missus about your R/C collection. My ex wife knew full well what it took to build my collection. All the buying of old hobby shop stock and selling on eBay I did. The business ventures I did to make a sell parts.  The day after she asked for a divorce she printed off every entry I had in my tamiya club showroom and logged my collection as a community property asset. This precluded me from selling anything to help with lawyer and divorce costs. She took my real car because it was paid off. I had to sell her SUV at a loss and buy another car to get around in. The kicker, I had to give her the value of my half of my car just so I could keep my toy cars. So try not to brag to them about what things are worth  

**** man. That’s a tough story to hear. You can always find more women, you can’t always find more vintage rcs 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Super ally said:

With my gf for the past 5 years. She doesn’t like how much $ I spend on rcs but I don’t like how much $ she spends on purses so it balances out 😵

• Like 1