Hi

Thanks for adding me. 

I've recently got back into the hobby after a long absence. 

Got a couple of buggies but only one is a Tamiya. A Dark Impact with a few upgrades. 

My first car like most peoples was a Tamiya, a 1/12 Toyota Celica GrB, then I bought a Thundershot and got into racing. Then I'm afraid I slipped away from the Tamiya family to Schumacher and Associated. 

Stopped racing in the late 90's and that was it, until the beginning of this year when I purchased the Dark Impact. I'm hooked again. DSC_0798.thumb.JPG.8410e0a12d515066b0c8c75b1669d76e.JPG

DSC_0876.JPG

• Like 7

Very nicely done. I'm working on a Dark Impact right now myself, but it's taking ages for parts to come in, and they're getting pretty rare to be honest. I'm having to scoure high and low for certain bits.

When I start (very carefully) running it, you may hear from me once or twice lol. 

Upgrade parts are getting rare and I had the same problem. RC Mart have supplied quite a few but it takes an age from China for delivery. 

I really want some carbon or alloy shock towers but I've only found them on aliexpress and they don't post to the UK. 

Welcome . Do you have any pics to show of the racing days / cars ? .

The airbrush work on the DI is awesome , nice one .

Thank you.

No I haven't got any pictures from the racing days. It was pre digital and pre mobile phone cameras. I used to have some pics of my race cars but they vanished some years ago I'm afraid. 

I don't even know what happened to my cars, don't recall selling them but they are nowhere around and were not at my parents when we cleared their house after they passed away. 

Used to race at Chiltern Model Car Club. 

3 hours ago, Craig G said:

Upgrade parts are getting rare and I had the same problem. RC Mart have supplied quite a few but it takes an age from China for delivery. 

I really want some carbon or alloy shock towers but I've only found them on aliexpress and they don't post to the UK. 

I feel your pain. I was looking for carbon or frp shock towers forever, and I finally got my hands on an frp rear one, but I'm still stalking the net for when a front one shows up. In the meantime, I found and ordered aluminum shock towers from ebay, and for a decent price I might add:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alloy-Rear-Shock-Tower-Fit-Tamiya-DF-03-DF03/133067124702?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

In case you're interested. I believe they still have fronts and rears still in stock.

Cheers,

Thanks a lot for the link. 

I just checked but they won't post to UK   ☹️

Your story is very similar to mine, except about 15 years later. I got back into the hobby after a long lay off by buying a car to bash around with, then the flood gates opened. Great looking DI

• Like 1

TT02b has Parts a plenty ;)

ots frustrating when our parents give away our stuff once we’ve moved out

all my Star Wars stuff went to a neighbours kid :(

although I do have all my old games workshop stuff still 

JJ

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Problemchild said:

TT02b has Parts a plenty ;)

ots frustrating when our parents give away our stuff once we’ve moved out

all my Star Wars stuff went to a neighbours kid :(

although I do have all my old games workshop stuff still 

JJ

Don't get me started on my Star Wars stuff. Had loads of figures and all of the Marvel comics. 

"Oh I binned all that years ago!!!" 

Ahhhhh!!!! 

1 hour ago, Craig G said:

Don't get me started on my Star Wars stuff. Had loads of figures and all of the Marvel comics. 

"Oh I binned all that years ago!!!" 

Ahhhhh!!!! 

My brother 'sorted out' my parents place quite a while back. Old boxes of stuff that was stored for years.

Now when I say 'sorted' I mean thrown in the trailer and taken to the tip with no regard as to what was in the boxes...

Heaps of stuff, Star Wars, He-Man, old train set stuff (and I mean old :(), Lego, he even threw away his Academy Road Runner II. Which I have since bought a NIB org and a used org for my own collection.

I try not to think about it...