J@mes

UK Father’s Day

I got a MudMad for Father’s Day!!! Best Father’s Day ever! :D technically it’s tomorrow but my 3 year old daughter didn’t want to wait, good girl :lol:

50026000438_8dffe8c911_b.jpg

• Like 10

Awesome, I need to hint harder at my two I think 😜

I got cake...eaten most of it already due to the cream 😁

And bought myself a Blitzer Beetle...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Soooo lucky 

more socks for me I bet 

even though I get moaned at for having a drawer full of them and I love tamiya RC ;)

tbh swmbo got me an RC for Xmas. She knew the website. But bought me a mario kart RTR thinking it would be great for me and my son to build - she doesn’t understand ;)

JJ

• Like 1

So seeing as I have Duel nationality, does that mean I qualify for 2 Fathers Days a year ??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

So seeing as I have Duel nationality, does that mean I qualify for 2 Fathers Days a year ??

If you were a mother then there would be no question - as a father.....tread carefully mentioning that one ;)

JJ

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Problemchild said:

If you were a mother then there would be no question - as a father.....tread carefully mentioning that one ;)

JJ

I happen to be feeling 10 feet tall and bulletproof today so I think I’ll give it a shot, living on the edge, no pain no gain and all that 😉

Scrolling through Facebook this morning, seeing loads of photos of all the dads who got NIB kits, plus motor, radio, paint and all the sundries to build them, for Father's Day.  My family has never really been one for expensive gifts during national gift-giving excuse days, so I didn't expect to get much.  Plus my family typically never get me anything RC-related.

I got this.

oodie.md.jpg

It's an Oodie.  It's a cross between a fluffy blanket and a hoodie.  In fairness it does have pizza on it, which is my all-time favourite meal that isn't chocolate, and quite often the wife finds me late of an evening snuggling under a blanket watching Netflix, so it was an appropriate gift.  Also this quarter our electric bill was astronomical because the winter dragged on late, I had to work from home #becausepandemic and my studio / office is built into the workshop and doesn't have proper insulation or central heating, so I was running a 2KW radiator non-stop for weeks on end.  This is probably a better solution to burying myself under blankets or selling my RC collection to pay off our £700 electricity bill debt.

I think my wife must have got a special deal on this outfit, because retail price on these is half-way to an NIB kit...

• Haha 1