Sign in to follow this  
cyilmaz

1987 Hornet Restoration

Hello dear friends. I have a 1987 Hornet. I am restoring it with new motor, esc and body replacements. I am planing to leave all parts are stock. But my rear suspension holders in bottom and top are getting broken very easily because the plastics are in the end of their life. I glued them. How can i find the replacements of these parts. I marked in the photo.

I will also upload the the photos of the car very soon about my restoration.

IMG_3213.jpg

4 hours ago, A-Baum said:

What I do is grab the manual and then find the part/part tree and check eBay.  Tamiya manuals can be found here:

https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm

You should not have a hard time finding parts, or a brand new Hornet if you so desire.

I cheked manual it  is part number D4 but doesnt have a name. I searched it like 'hornet suspension holder' but no succes. Also in aliexpress there are custom suspensions but not these parts. So i  wonder maybe some other website that somebody know selling these parts.

Thans for answers. There is also a second option for 3D printing these parts. Maybe i can work for that in a free time. Ör ant friends have the drawing of these parts?

Also an offer to the admins of the site a 3D parts sharing topic can be very useful. 

Here is my vintage Hornet. It is in box with included manuals from 1987. I replaced the old MSC with an original Tamiya ESC. I also replaced the old motor with  a newer original Tamiya motor. The controller also still running...

I also ordered a new Hornet body. I will change it too...

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

• Like 1