steffiemorris

Old servo's on modern 2.4Ghz receiver?

Hi,

i am rebuilding an old tamiya model and my 27Mhz gear has very limited range. Not sure what the reason is, but i thought it was smart to buy a 2.4Ghz DX5C with SRS6000 receiver to overcome the range issues.

Problem is, when i connect my servo's they are continuously shaking and making a lot of noise even if there is no movement from the radio.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Can the receiver not handle these old servo's? Am i doing something wrong?

Tnx!

The servos should work. The potentiometers in the servos may be dirty and not responding properly. Another thing could be that the receiver is putting out a digital signal and the old analog servos are not capable of using that signal. Not familiar with that radio system but you may be able to set the signal to normal/analog mode with the transmitter.

The servos simply may not be compatible. What brand are the servos?

I made that experience with analog servos, regardless if they were old or new, connected to my Futaba 2.4GHz receivers:

During powering up, the servos perform a kind of initializing run, i.e. they rotate to the maximum and then back to neutral position.
This is not good if the steering mechanics requires a rotating limitation of less than 100%...

I changed to digital servos and the problem was gone, these servos don‘t do anything during/after powering up.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I have different makes and models of old servo's.  Robbe RS10, Robbe RS100, Muliplex Profi, Multiplex Profi 3000. they all had the same.

Eventually i went to a very nice local store where they helped me. My servo's did fine on another receiver, so it looked like a receiver 'issue'. I tried a digital servo and that seemed to be wroking fine. Still a tiny bit, but movement is fluid. So i bought a simple digital servo.

Advantage of the digital servo is can no make use of the AVC functions on the receiver. That feels really weird :) It works very good. You can't drift anymore, and the car just runs in a perfect straight line when you want. All because of modern electronics.

about 1/2 the time i run with AVC turned off. I do like the ability to drift around with the old vintage car. It does not have that much power, and old things just need to be old :)