Sign in to follow this  
Norco Kid

Quick question.. Monster beetle spotlights..

I'm screwing the spotlights on my MB but the L screws that hold the side one's in don't quite fit in the slot well enough to screw both halves of the light together so that it's flush. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution? Should I attempt to trim the plastic here? If I force the screw the light gets twisted to the side because of the way the flange nut is pulling the L screw. 

IMG_20200621_204023_6.jpg

I believe the spotlights are specific to location..  the light bucket for the two ends use parts "G5" & "G7" whereas the center light bucket is part #s "G3" & "G2".  So.. swap a light bucket front.

• Like 1

Thanks but the middle light was correct. It seems that the clearance in the slot is exactly 3mm but the radius of the bend in the L bolt it's causing it to push up. I trimmed the plastic a bit and was able to get the light to close flush. Still having a problem with the side lights pointing outward but this is because of the way the L bolt is only fastened with one nut which is pulling it toward the outside. I've examined a bunch of MB pictures online and it looks like many of them are pointing outwards as well. Kind of annoying but I guess I will leave it.