Sign in to follow this  
rwordenjr

Good price or did I just overpay?!

Just won this on auction for $375 total including shipping. Claims it was run one time. It’s trf201 42203 version and comes with some extras like gens ace Lipo, esc, motor, servo, etc... What you guys think ? 

BFD825C1-1E47-4EE9-B755-7BB520D96203.jpeg

327419A0-6891-4CD3-B04C-6C04D6CEB6FA.jpeg

7780E738-F4D2-495E-8992-5CF2D186F0F4.jpeg

B2E21B47-DEBA-4A87-AB54-CA8F0B109D5C.jpeg

85B85611-227E-41E9-9CFB-EA2DDA4DBA5F.jpeg

248E28B4-4E02-4AB8-926C-72FE1CC55709.jpeg

E6440B39-9CB9-4FDE-8776-561E8EAF08FB.jpeg

• Like 3

If you are content with what you got for the money you spent then it's a good deal.

• Like 3

Just now, XJman said:

If you are content with what you got for the money you spent then it's a good deal.

Of course I think it was a good deal but sometimes we're naive to reality :lol:

• Like 1

Looks like it hasn't had much use so sounds a good deal (other than missing building it yourself which you can't put a price on).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Manix92 said:

Looks like it hasn't had much use so sounds a good deal (other than missing building it yourself which you can't put a price on).

Yea seller says it was only run once. Probably a bit more than that but looks to be in good shape. I just built a zahhak so not having to build same thing again is actually nice lol. Plus it’s ready to run except for lipo charger: I was willing to pay $250 but with 10 seconds left a bidder jumped me and ego took over... I had to have it at that point 🤣 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Yea seller says it was only run once. Probably a bit more than that but looks to be in good shape. I just built a zahhak so not having to build same thing again is actually nice lol. Plus it’s ready to run except for lipo charger: I was willing to pay $250 but with 10 seconds left a bidder jumped me and ego took over... I had to have it at that point 🤣 

I think we've all been there :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

I got in final bid with 2 seconds left and beat them by $3 🥳

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

What are your thoughts on the value of this buy? 

Just now, rwordenjr said:

What are your thoughts on the value of this buy? 

Totally different market where I am in Australia, haven't seen a 201 go up for sale in a long time. I did just sell a Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC recently as a rolling chassis for $350 AUD, it was used more than once, but in excellent condition, and would be considered comparable to a 201 I would suggest, so with everything you got I think the price is fair

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mtbkym01 said:

Totally different market where I am in Australia, haven't seen a 201 go up for sale in a long time. I did just sell a Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC recently as a rolling chassis for $350 AUD, it was used more than once, but in excellent condition, and would be considered comparable to a 201 I would suggest, so with everything you got I think the price is fair

Thanks for the input. I’m surprised it didn’t sell for more considering it’s the kit, tx and rx, esc, servo, motor, lipo battery, extra set of wheels, extra body and 2 wings. 

If you are happy what you pay for it then it is good, to be honest for me the price is to high for the car, 2 months ago rcmart had the trf201 in stock with an extra body for 180 dollar, did not bought one because I owned a zahhak.

23 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

If you are happy what you pay for it then it is good, to be honest for me the price is to high for the car, 2 months ago rcmart had the trf201 in stock with an extra body for 180 dollar, did not bought one because I owned a zahhak.

Yes they did. And tamiyausa had a version of the trf201 for $175 but there is no telling if anyone will ever have them in stock again. 

3 minutes ago, Pablo68 said:

Stop boasting!!
Yeah it's a nice score mate :)

Lol not trying to boast. Was really looking for feedback from others on the value of what I got but thanks!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

... I was willing to pay $250 but with 10 seconds left a bidder jumped me and ego took over... I had to have it at that point 🤣 

that's pretty much why I snipe. I can think about my max bid without any pressure or anyone else knowing that I am bidding. The bid goes in at the last few seconds. That way I am a less tempted to over bid.

1 hour ago, yogi-bear said:

that's pretty much why I snipe. I can think about my max bid without any pressure or anyone else knowing that I am bidding. The bid goes in at the last few seconds. That way I am a less tempted to over bid.

Same here, I do not understand why people bid on stuff with 6 days to go, even if bidding manually why not wait until the end ? Its weird.

47 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

I do not understand why people bid on stuff with 6 days to go, even if bidding manually why not wait until the end ? Its weird.

I always assumed it was the seller's mates bidding or a shadow account. It's totally dumb like you say if you were a 'normal' punter.

Looks like a good deal. All the more so if you appreciate the body which has been well painted by the looks of things.

7 hours ago, Mark_C said:

Same here, I do not understand why people bid on stuff with 6 days to go, even if bidding manually why not wait until the end ? Its weird.

I do it for the simple fact that I will then get notified from eBay when the end of the auction is approaching.  I have had some auctions pass by because I was wrapped up with life by the time the end of the auction.  But...  when I do it really early, I usually do the absolute  minimum bid.  I never put in my "final" number and let in auto bid for me.

But watching the item does the same ;)

Bidding early shows your hand 

if there is a small amount of bidders then they may feel they are in with a good chance and will be more complacent ;)

JJ

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

if there is a small amount of bidders then they may feel they are in with a good chance and will be more complacent ;)

JJ

Actually, no, watching does not do the same thing, at least for me.  I do not have notifications turned on.  My phone was getting blown up by ebay notifications all day for stuff I am "watching",  so I turned it off.  I get emails for stuff I have bid on.  That is how I get notified.  Don't assume everybody has stuff set up the same.

46 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

JJ

That's my strategy. I thought I was the only one?

2 hours ago, kwkenuf said:

I do it for the simple fact that I will then get notified from eBay when the end of the auction is approaching.  I have had some auctions pass by because I was wrapped up with life by the time the end of the auction.  But...  when I do it really early, I usually do the absolute  minimum bid.  I never put in my "final" number and let in auto bid for me.

Or just set up your snipe and press the "pay" button when you get the win notification ?