ernieks

Transparent clear Tamiya wheel hex adaptors

Hello everybody.

I was sure I got clear plastic wheel hex adaptors from Tamiya, but can't find them.

Can anyone point me the right way, which parts came transparent clear and got the wheel hex adaptors?

Or even better, does anybody have clear plastic wheel hexes and could help me out?

Thank you all for your help.

ernieks

I've never seen them - I know that DF03 had a whole bunch of transparent parts available as options though?

I'm curious - why would you want them?

If you can find a set of TA05 transparent blue bulkheads (part #49390) these had transparent blue hexes in.

I can't find any purely clear.

Going by @ernieks recent post; he's found himself some transparent A & B parts for a TA03, so if I had to guess, he's building a completely transparent 'glass' car. Hopefully with no intention of running it!! 

7 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

If you can find a set of TA05 transparent blue bulkheads (part #49390) these had transparent blue hexes in.

Going by @ernieks recent post; he's found himself some transparent A & B parts for a TA03, so if I had to guess, he's building a completely transparent 'glass' car. Hopefully with no intention of running it!! 

With Wonder Woman as a driver figure?? :lol:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Right!

Got clear TA-03 gear cases, clear CVA shocks, clear mesh wheels.... Then it came to my mind I had the clear hexes somewhere but I can't find them. Would be nice to find or get them to build with all the other clear parts.

Anyway, some parts have to be standard grey or black TA-03 parts though. But would be a nice last touch.

Got all the blue transparent TA-05 parts too, these will be needed for a TA-05-project, but I'm sure I got transparent wheel hexes somewhere....

None of my cars are runners except only one.

ernieks

Some blue alloy wheel hexes would look great - something to break-up the transparent parts and be visible once the model is completed. We all know blue anodised stuff = betterer.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, ernieks said:

This is what I got. To go with a NIB TA-03F Pro kit.

ernieks

E838D096-46D7-4B85-B5AE-E1722BD9AD90.jpeg

The material looks like it was built by the Doozers from Fraggle Rock.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

The material looks like it was built by the Doozers from Fraggle Rock.

Think my English isn't good enough to understand that.

ernieks

Was an old 80s tv show and it had these little characters who built all their stuff out of this transparent crystaline material.

b327195d372c72ad710e1712f5bf8043.jpg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Was an old 80s tv show and it had these little characters who built all their stuff out of this transparent crystaline material.

b327195d372c72ad710e1712f5bf8043.jpg

Doozers from Fraggle Rock. If you want to hear their march song and see the cars in action look no further;

• Haha 2

I did not know these existed, were there ever clear car kits sold apart from the DT01, TA05 and M05 with only few clear parts? Or just hop ups?

Just had a closer look at the pics;

Looks a lot like Jim Henson used Sandscorcher, xr311 and Porsch 934 wheels on the Doozers vehicles.

20200624_001620.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ernieks said:

This is what I got. To go with a NIB TA-03F Pro kit.

ernieks

E838D096-46D7-4B85-B5AE-E1722BD9AD90.jpeg

Wow, those are spectacular!  I thought Tamiya just did clear parts for the big toy fair events.  Great stuff, ernieks.

Tamyia did this a lot of times, clear Chassis parts were issued for the M-03, TL-01, TA-03.

Clear parts trees, sometimes smoked, for the DF-03, M-05, TA-05, and I think a lot more.

And clear wheels and CVA Shocks too.

I dreamed of a complete clear TA-03F Pro for more than 10 years now.

Just need the spare time to start the build, and maybe the clear wheel hexes as a last addition.

ernieks

• Like 1

I couldn't even find an image of some on Google lol. They must be super ultra rare for there not to be any pictures of them online. Your best option would be to have them fabricated I suppose.

Seems I have to give up on this and take the grey ones from the TA-03F Pro kit.

ernieks

Be great to see the finished car!

Got the old, gearbox cut away, gears running vibe, like the tamiya vids of yesteryear.