marky_mark

Tamiya 1/8 Subaru

Hi Im looking for any spare parts for a 1/8 glow engine Subaru Impreza I picked up recently. Could be after a bodyset ???

Anyone....?

1343758917.jpg

That does not look like a Tamiya original engine and the muffler is definitely not the Tamiya TM4. Can you see any names on the side of the engine? HPI and Novarossi are two well known "Purple" headed engines. You will need to know the make in order to get spares. Out of interest what spares are you after? Do you know Nitro or is this your first.

I have a brand new spare bodyset for your 1/8th Subaru but dread to think of the shipping costs to NZ due to the size of the box needed to send it in.

7 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

I have a brand new spare bodyset for your 1/8th Subaru but dread to think of the shipping costs to NZ due to the size of the box needed to send it in.

How much ?

7 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Its my first. I dont know much about nitro, got it for my sont to play on the beach......

• Like 1

Let us know how you get on. Personally I would get it all running well before going to the beach. The engine, fuel tank and muffler form a pressure system and it’s best to get that right and dry before facing the tough dusty beach environment. Make sure you properly oil and secure the air filter as this will be you biggest defence against the sand and dust killing your engine. Once you’ve got confidence in the system go hammer the beach - get some vid :-)

Nice,

Looks like its the original Tamiya FS-15LT engine (FS-15 on the recoil) with the optional FS-15 Oversized heat sink head and a TM-2 exhaust. The head and exhaust were hop up parts. Tamiya made two exhaust tubes though and the car might have the wrong one fitted as the exhaust should run down the side of the car, unless its been bent backwards!

getuserimage.jpg

I have all of these TGX cars and most of the other Tamiya nitro. Shout if you need help or advice.