Sign in to follow this  
rwordenjr

Venom 15085 Round Case Lipo Disclaimer

This is a great battery that will fit most Tamiya's but be aware the measurements Venom advertises especially the length is incorrect. They say the length is 132mm but it's really 140mm. When I told them this, they said the size can vary (8mm ??).  A lot of places in the USA have these back in stock so I thought I would let you guys know of the correct length which certainly could present an issue if you're expecting something 8mm shorter. 

Have you guys seen the Reedy wolf lipo stick pack? It also appears to be a rounded case like a standard NiMh but I wanted to know if anyone here had experienced fitting it into a  Df01 and M-cars. 

I'm also looking I to the gens ace and someone from Amazon said it fits his M05. I think the gens ace is thinner but again, not sure about the length. I saw the thread about lipo size compatibility but I'm not sure it is updated as most of the brands mentioned are not available here in the US, or has been discontinued. 

asc752.jpg

I have some old Duratrax round hard packs. They are similar to the Reedy WolfPack. They were just a little too tight in some of my cars. Specifically any car where the battery slides through the side in a oval shaped hole.

My go to now are the Venom packs that the OP described. They are not really hard case batteries though. They are a soft pack wrapped in a layer of foam and a couple of plastic round pack ends are attached. They have fit anything I have put them in, a little loose in some instances.

3 hours ago, Otis311 said:

I have some old Duratrax round hard packs. They are similar to the Reedy WolfPack. They were just a little too tight in some of my cars. Specifically any car where the battery slides through the side in a oval shaped hole.

My go to now are the Venom packs that the OP described. They are not really hard case batteries though. They are a soft pack wrapped in a layer of foam and a couple of plastic round pack ends are attached. They have fit anything I have put them in, a little loose in some instances.

Can you measure yours? I bet you got the 132mm one which I was expecting to get but told it varies. 

6 hours ago, burakol said:

Have you guys seen the Reedy wolf lipo stick pack? It also appears to be a rounded case like a standard NiMh but I wanted to know if anyone here had experienced fitting it into a  Df01 and M-cars. 

I'm also looking I to the gens ace and someone from Amazon said it fits his M05. I think the gens ace is thinner but again, not sure about the length. I saw the thread about lipo size compatibility but I'm not sure it is updated as most of the brands mentioned are not available here in the US, or has been discontinued. 

asc752.jpg

Those are 140 long or longer so too long to be able to use battery holder on manta

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Can you measure yours? I bet you got the 132mm one which I was expecting to get but told it varies. 

I have some really old ones, like 7 years old and some newer ones about 3 years old. All of them are 128mm

3 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Those are 140 long or longer so too long to be able to use battery holder on manta

Did you get your gens ace already? 

1 hour ago, Otis311 said:

I have some really old ones, like 7 years old and some newer ones about 3 years old. All of them are 128mm

yea, it must vary a big amount. mine was direct from venom. item # 15085. advertised as 132mm length