RunningOnEmpty

Blitzer Beetle tire fitment question

I have a blitzer beetle and I'm looking for some different tires.  Will Tamyia Lunchbox/Mad Bull/BlackRock tires fit Blitzer Beetle stock wheels and will the spacing work on the stock chassis?

Does anyone have any photos of this?

Thanks!

I don't have a Blitzer, but I have a set of Blitzer wheels for my Blackfoot.

The Blitzer wheels are 2.2, and I am able to use standard BF tires and 2.2 Pro-Line tires, though the Blitz front wheels are skinnier than the typical 50mm BF wheel.

Not sure how well they'll fit onto the Blitz chassis, though...

Terry

• Like 1

Have a look at 2.2 Schumacher truck tyres. I’ve just fitted them to Blitzer wheels for your dt03 truggy build. Nice fit and much nicer compound (yellow) than any Tamiya tyre I’ve seem. 

I'm using Kyosho (I know.. blasphemy!) tires from the Phazer Mk2 on my Blitzer Beetle.  Cheap and very good quality.  A warning however.. higher grip led to traction rollovers on pavement and precious plastic body scuffs...

KyoshoFazerMk2.jpg

IMG_20200128_193713.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Killajb said:

A warning however.. higher grip led to traction rollovers on pavement and precious plastic body scuffs...

This is why you need two cars. One for the shelf and one of driving. Later, you’ll want a third and fourth car to try out different configurations and mods. Even later a fifth and sixth car for your kids..

But it will all be worth it when you’re standing there checking out your totally mint shelf queen!

Terry

Been there, done that..  and still doing!  I've come full-circle actually, and make my "shelf queens" actual runners that i can enjoy on occasion, come home clean and still admire.  I run the Blitzer sparingly, and enjoy it.  It never rolls on grass, so I have a special spot where I like to run it.  

• Like 1