Sign in to follow this  
slimleeroy

Marui shogun

It's finally arrived after 3 months of worry and it's beautiful. Never ran. Original radio gear and painted perfectly. Was my first ever car back in the late 80s. This one is never ever getting ran. It is in absolute mint condition

IMG_20200625_161032.jpg

• Like 4

Excellent example! Its probably my favorite Marui. Stunning!

On 6/28/2020 at 1:40 PM, slimleeroy said:

Any of you know how much these are worth. It has its original box too

Thanks

Just sell it to me. 

Out of curiosity, was there any relation between Marui and Tamiya at one time? That box looks just like the artwork on a Tamiya box.

21 minutes ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Out of curiosity, was there any relation between Marui and Tamiya at one time? That box looks just like the artwork on a Tamiya box

No, other than both being Japanese model companies at the time, there is no connection. Boxart was an important feature of Japanese models with certain artist being sought after. Tamiya seems to have pioneered the concept of a mostly white box with minimal to no background. Their earlier efforts did have full backgrounds. The "white box look" must have proved popular as many RC manufactures adopted it back then to varying degrees of success. Kyosho was certainly a hold out, preferring to stick with nice studio shots of the completed model. Marui probably imitated the "Tamiya look" better than anyone, even down to their kit presentation at times. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just bagged a ninja aswell. Waited 30 years for either a shogun or ninja then manage to get both. Believe me the ninja is in just as good a condition as the shogun, i.e not a scratch except for a split in the top of one of the damper caps due to age. The shogun cost £300 and the ninja £260 so an absolute steal.  My RC bucket list is now completed...... Until the next one lol.

IMG_20200701_194608.jpg

• Like 1