nowinaminute

Looks like someone just got a Blazer for cheap!

I just noticed it on ebay, seller had no idea what it was and bidding started at £9.

The listing has been ended now. Someone probably offered £50 and the seller couldn't believe their luck!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Remote-Control-Racecar/333635602175?hash=item4dae3b46ff:g:h5MAAOSwMwhe9Mv2

They are probably sat there now, thinking the buyer must have more money than sense!

Tell a lie, looks like someone told them what it was, they have relisted it starting at £400!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was just about to say that - and that seller must breathing a sigh of relief - and then some !! 

• Haha 1

Ok this one wasnt a bargain in the end, but there are good deals out there. I found a lot on ebay yesterday of 7 Tamiyas for £120, collection only, but still a fairly amazing price. 

Well, I just choked on my dinner as I watched a used Sonic Fighter go from £80 to nearly £300 in the space of a minute.  :wacko:

• Confused 1

Hi all, been away for a while and sold a lot of my Tamiya's, only kept my beloved original Manta Ray. 

Am I right in saying that prices have doubled for vintage cars in the last few years? 

• Sad 1

In some cases, yes.  Prices have been rising a lot lately.  I think a lot of it has been to do with the lockdown causing people to spend time in doors and get back in to old hobbies.  I think the other aspect of it comes from the rereleases, or rather the models that haven't been reissued.  As mentioned above, I noticed a used Sonic Fighter go for a song, Madcaps are frequently reaching the £200 mark, Vanquishes and 2001s surpass that amount of money. Almost any model within the first 100 -150 that hasn't been reissued has become a lot more collectable and the pricing seems to reflect that. 

There are still bargains to be had, but you have to watch Ebay like a hawk for those low BIN prices, or get lucky once in a while.

There are some jokers out there, though.  There are loads of items that are listed with very over inflated prices.  Maybe the exchange rate  is better in other countries, maybe these sellers are just taking a punt, hoping someone will think their price is a good price.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fruitfly01 said:

In some cases, yes.  Prices have been rising a lot lately.  I think a lot of it has been to do with the lockdown causing people to spend time in doors and get back in to old hobbies.  I think the other aspect of it comes from the rereleases, or rather the models that haven't been reissued.  As mentioned above, I noticed a used Sonic Fighter go for a song, Madcaps are frequently reaching the £200 mark, Vanquishes and 2001s surpass that amount of money. Almost any model within the first 100 -150 that hasn't been reissued has become a lot more collectable and the pricing seems to reflect that. 

There are still bargains to be had, but you have to watch Ebay like a hawk for those low BIN prices, or get lucky once in a while.

There are some jokers out there, though.  There are loads of items that are listed with very over inflated prices.  Maybe the exchange rate  is better in other countries, maybe these sellers are just taking a punt, hoping someone will think their price is a good price.

Thanks for the reply, makes sense :)

• Like 1