Trying to get ahold a trf 201, what sort of price should I be looking it? I understand there’s many variables, condition new, used, boxed etc just don't want to pay way over the odds if I can find one. 

Cheers

Sean

16 hours ago, Seanster43 said:

Trying to get ahold a trf 201, what sort of price should I be looking it? I understand there’s many variables, condition new, used, boxed etc just don't want to pay way over the odds if I can find one. 

Cheers

Sean

$300-$500. Tamiya will most likely never remake the TRF201 as its old and they dont remake TRF cars. 

• Like 1

If you want a NIB one, £200-350. No point paying more than that - you can make one out of a new DN01 and the upgrades at your own pace. Anyone paying more than that is a collector with a gap in their collection and you can't beat them.

Tried the TRF Offroad group on Facebook? Just ask if anyone has one for sale. 

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies its just trying to get ahold of them I guess a couple on ebay the now so we’ll see what happens. 

The shelfer on eBay will go for £140-£160, they haven't done themselves favours with that body colour. Suggestion: buy that, strip it down, pull out the Gearbox plate, Slipper, Differential (or entire gearbox), turnbuckles, shocks, steering bearings, alu suspension parts, shock towers, UJs

Then get a DNO1 for the build experience. As you build, swap in the above parts from the donor, they are all direct replacements. Use the DN01 body - it's faster than the 201 body (yes, really!) and it's easier to fit mid-level electronics. 

Rebuild what was the 201 with the DN01 parts, then sell that as a new DN01 roller or keep it for spares or convert it to a truck etc. 

That way you get a build experience but a brand new TRF spec car, and you've paid about £200 after you've sold the donor. Bit of a roundabout way of doing it, but quite good fun. 

• Like 2

I like your thinking best of both worlds then! Might pm the guy see if he will accept an offer. My mrs will be like Whats that all about then? 😂

4 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

Its worth what you will pay to have it. like all things.

Within reason, prices are all over the place, I seen an egress for £700 I was a bit shocked as I’ve only just returned to the hobby it was good to get an idea so I don’t get caught out/scammed. 👍🏻

Anyways just about sorted with this one, it was a bargain I guess based in what prices I seen them for. Needs a few bits to complete it. Steering pieces mainly then running gear. 

727B2B67-0177-4214-A544-7D35531C943F.jpeg