Sign in to follow this  
Shodog

Question about DHL Germany shipping

I bought an item from a German eBay seller way back on 4/28. He claims the package was returned to him as DHL in Germany is only exporting premium shipments and not ones with normal tracking. I can’t find anything on the German DHL website that says this. Is this truly the case or is he jerking my chain?

I ordered from a shop in Germany to the US and  It was sent dhl due to the german post not mailing things i believe larger than a few cm. This was early may, it arrived last week. What dhl did was transfer it to usps either in germany or at customs in New York. which imo is bs since i paid about $30 for shipping for 2 small parts trees. I had tracking the entire time but it went radio silent for over 2 weeks inbetween

I would say, can't believe that, because I shipped several packages i a lot of diefferent countries during the last months, everything went absolutely normal.

ernieks

6 hours ago, Shodog said:

He claims the package was returned to him as DHL in Germany is only exporting premium shipments and not ones with normal tracking.

As the seller and shipping arranger this is his problem if it is true, not yours. 

Annoyingly however you can't 'force' them to get the item to you. But you should get a full refund. 

I'd call BS. I've just received a nice big box from Germany via DHL.

Tamico wouldn't send my Novafox to me for months because they said DHL wasn't shipping to my area. I'm in CA as well and just a few days ago they said DHL is shipping again but I had to pay an international crisis shipping fee via DHL. It was legit and I paid the fee and the novafox is on the way. 

According to the DHL website there are restrictions for sending parcels to the US. Premium is just an additional service for faster shipment and with additional costs. How big is the parcel and may I ask how much do you paid for shipping?

Yes correct, atm DHL only ships to the US with a premium added and starting at 5kg  (for private persons). Started a couple of weeks ago.  USPS is DHL US partner for delivering.  Business users also have to pay an extra iirc 1,50€ per kg

DHL;

Current notice

The dispatch of parcel consignments to the USA will no longer be offered until further notice. For private customers, parcel delivery is only available in connection with the "Premium" service until further notice. Please inform yourself about possible effects on the international shipping of documents and goods on our info page .

There were/are even several countries which you can't ship to. 

All due to Corona, just in case somebody missed this happening.