Super ally

If you could only keep one.

I would have to choose my TA01 as it was a birthday present when I was 12, all my other cars were just bought to race.

What would you choose.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matty36 said:

I would have to choose my TA01 as it was a birthday present when I was 12, all my other cars were just bought to race.

What would you choose.

It would be my fox,first one i owned back in 1988.

Many of the cars in my fleet were gifts from my wife, symbolising her love and support, so it would definitely be one of those.

Out of that group, the one I drive most regularly (at least at the moment thanks to the Coronapocalypse) is my CC-01 Pajero, which also happens to be the one that has the most time and funds invested in its hop-ups, so that would be the first one I would grab if the house were on fire or something.

However if it was a case of having to sell all but one of them to keep the household afloat financially, I would probably get more for the CC-01 than I would for a lot of other cars in the fleet, so I would keep my DT-02 Desert Gator - also a gift from my wife - as I probably wouldn't be able to sell it for much, yet it is a versatile and enjoyable runner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Many of the cars in my fleet were gifts from my wife, symbolising her love and support, so it would definitely be one of those.

Out of that group, the one I drive most regularly (at least at the moment thanks to the Coronapocalypse) is my CC-01 Pajero, which also happens to be the one that has the most time and funds invested in its hop-ups, so that would be the first one I would grab if the house were on fire or something.

However if it was a case of having to sell all but one of them to keep the household afloat financially, I would probably get more for the CC-01 than I would for a lot of other cars in the fleet, so I would keep my DT-02 Desert Gator - also a gift from my wife - as I probably wouldn't be able to sell it for much, yet it is a versatile and enjoyable runner.

Tell what i should try to get my other half to buy me a kit for my birthday in july.😉

My Top Force Evolution, it drives the best out of the box for vintage and is worth the most/rarest of my collection

• Like 1

My Madcap.  It was (still is) my first Tamiya and hobby grade RC.  After 30 years, she still runs and always comes with me when I take a few cars out for a spin.

• Like 1

My original Fox, that thing got used and abused real hard back when I got it, then raced for a couple seasons, finishing 2nd in my club championship after my pack dumped in the last race of the season

49921670026_4da5d9383c_k.jpg

• Like 7

H0yamx1.jpg

I'd keep the Blitzer Beetle as it was my first and probably my favourite chassis!  Hard to say no to the heartstrings. If I was totally thinking with my head I'd keep my DF01 but emotion wins out here. 

• Like 2

My first and only car I've built by myself at my grand old age. All the others have had the help of my father when I was a young lad, and they've since come to pass. But the time that was spent doesn't go forgotten. The only other car I have is an old Kyosho nitro and I just don't want that trouble 😂 it's still on my shelf in bits. 

I've come to love this model 

spacer.png

• Like 1

My Fighting Buggy.  Really liked the looks of the "Super Champ" back in the day, especially the rear shock that was connected to shock oil.  Could never get one until the rere.

Probably my Dark Impact 

Bought it new, when I came back to the hobby/sport mid - late 2000's?

We've learnt the modern RC world together , from 27mhz to 2.4, nicad (yeah, I still had an old nicad...) to nimh and now Lipo and from brushed to brushless.

It's a, triggers broom, car, but it's the same car (well, original body!) 

• Like 3

I love all my cars, but the one I'd keep would be the orig Clod Buster.

Why? Simple, because it's the best thing Tamiya ever did in RC fashion. :tomandosol:

• Like 4

hmm, a hard question to answer. It would either be my Marui Galaxy (my first RC, but not great reliability), my Fox (my second new kit I bought as a teenager, lots of fun to drive) or a Wild One I picked up a few years ago. There are others, but these probably mean the most to me, and any decision would come with regrets about the ones I didn't keep.

• Like 2

Very hard to choose.  In the event I had to sell everything to stay afloat financially, my SCX10 probably has the most opportunity for me to go out driving with local mates without spending any money - trailing through the woods costs nothing, and it's hardly broken anything despite years of abuse.  So that would be a sensible choice.

My wife would probably divorce me if I sold my Mad Max-inspired TL-01-based trail truck, as she helped me make it when we first met.  But it doesn't drive that well, so wouldn't be something I would keep for use.

The best all-rounder in the fleet must be the Top Force Evo.  Parts support is good, it handles well, can run with modern buggies at club level and is great fun at vintage races.

If I had to sell up due to illness or disability then I'd probably keep one of the lorries.  There are a few disabled people at the various lorry clubs I attend - it's probably the most accessible form of RC club, despite the size and weight of the rigs.

Really depends on why I'm selling up and what I'll be free to do in the years that follow, I suppose.

20 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

SCX10 probably has the most opportunity for me to go out driving with local mates without spending any money

Makes sense, and that approach aims to what I believe is the practical side of the hobby.

I'm curious on what the OP was thinking when asking now. (I'm definitely keeping the Clod over the others, though)

• Like 2

I think for me it would be the Top Force. It goes so well and even though I never had one BiTD it has been built how 14yo me would've wanted it. Tough question though as the Boomerang was my first decent car as a kid, but then there are the racecars. I guess the HB D817 is the logical choice as you get 30min - 60min mains with a nitro buggy which means a lot of track time. The HB D418 is such a nice car to drive, its just a shame its not worth going to a 10th scale race day with 1 car.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, berman said:

McLeod: There can be only one

e1baEQz.jpg

Kicks A** like nothing else on this planet !!! :zp05:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Makes sense, and that approach aims to what I believe is the practical side of the hobby.

I'm curious on what the OP was thinking when asking now. (I'm definitely keeping the Clod over the others, though)

I was just wondering which car you couldnt get rid of if you had no other choice.I only have 2 cars at min a fox and a re re hotshot,but the fox i would keep as it was my first buggy i owned.I know you have many so it would be a lot harder to pick one.

• Like 2

If they all had to go I’d keep the Lunchbox.

Low value, robust, cheap to repair, easy to modify and tinker with, oodles of fun for the whole family and easy to theme. 

• Like 5

Of my current collection? I'd say my Lunch Box. It was my first Tamiya RC back in the 80's. In general, without the nostalgia factor added in? I'd say a toss up between a Clod Buster and a Monster Beetle. I know how to make a Monster Beetle reliable and it was the vehicle that got me hooked on Tamiya. Love at first sight. The Clod Buster, well its just awesome, period. The only negative for the Clod would be lugging it places to run since its so big.  The upshot is it could run more places than the Monster Beetle. Tough choice.

• Like 2

The best of my Sand Rovers.

It was my first Tamiya and still looks cool for such a simple car.

• Like 1

I'd have about 50 cars at the moment, but if I had to choose it would be the original Falcon I got for Xmas when 11 years old. Sentiment wins here.

I have faster, better handling, more robust, rarer, more $$ valuable units. But like @mtbkym01 the one that I used, abused, broke and repaired is the one to keep. B)

• Like 7