Sign in to follow this  
smint

XV-01 dog bone popping out

Took my XV-01 out on it's maiden voyage today and ran into an issue with the front right dog bone.  At full steering lock the right the dog bone pops out.  Steering to the left is ok. 

From the pics it's as if the dog bone is too short. I've adjusted the end points on my controller and reduced the amount of steering.  I could reduce it further but it would change the turn radius too much. 

Update: At steering lock EITHER left or right, the right dog bone is popping out.

Sorry about the orientation. Here's a pic of the steering at full left from the left side

1619766939_20200627_210452(Large).thumb.jpg.05e5a1ad0e8a0dd44a0f28d386d99537.jpg

And here's a pic of the right side steering at full right.  You can see the dogbone no is fully outside the cup

Screenshot_20200627-205900_Gallery.thumb.jpg.52f6e3abd31064f38fbc9ccd16ba2bff.jpg

Try popping an o ring into the drive cup on the diff side. My FF-03 heeded a couple to keep the shaft stabilised.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Try popping an o ring into the drive cup on the diff side. My FF-03 heeded a couple to keep the shaft stabilised.

I popped 2 o rings behind the foam insert in the cup, greased it up and that did the trick perfectly.  I was able to readjust the end points for full steering movement too.

Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smint said:

I popped 2 o rings behind the foam insert in the cup, greased it up and that did the trick perfectly.  I was able to readjust the end points for full steering movement too.

Thank you!

Great! Glad it's sorted. 

• Like 1

Dog bones are prone to popping out even with o rings and foam inserts. specially on XV01 with long suspension. 

Given that you also have spent the money on the blue aluminium c hubs, I’d highly recommend upgrading the dog bones to DCJ drive shafts or CVD.  

• Like 1

"Base" XV01s have steering stops to prevent the dogbones from popping out at full lock. I didn't see any stops in your aluminum knuckles, so that's probably the issue. Limiting EPA won't help; they need a mechanical stop. A set of CV axles is the permanent fix and will allow much more steering lock.

• Like 1