Tudorp

Wild Willy body inquiry

Have a question and looking for opinions. Everyone must already figured I am a huge Wild Willy fan. My son has a CNC machine, and I am thinking about designing a body kit (grill, windshield, tailgate, floor pan, fenders, side body panels) that you assemble based on the Wild Willy body. I want to build an aluminum M38 body for myself, and am curious if there is any interests in something like that with other Wild Willy fans? Basically would there be a market for something like that to work with many chassis platforms, especially the GF01 platform. 

It's great to see other Wild Willy enthusiasts indeed!
Did you go forward with the parts making? It would be amazing to see a Full Metal Wild Willy! I've been designing parts for my many Wild Willys for years now, but would love to see what you are describing.

I've designed the Wild Willy body as per the original, with all the parts separate that makes up the kit. I've been 3D printing the parts i need, but would love to get a CNC machine to make custom parts.

simensays_wild_willy_render_01.jpg

simensays_wild_willy_render_02.jpg

simensays_wild_willy_render_05.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't been able to do anything yet on that. My son had to postpone his CNC machine purchase, but still plans to get it this next year. When he does, I still want to cut Wild Willy body panels. When that does happen, I will certainly post about it here. 

Since you ask in the OG post, what does cutting body panels entail? Are you planning on doing secrions/panels to replace broken parts of the WW body?  There are really no parts of the actual body that breaks from what i've experienced, so see no demand for that? Pretty much every single part  of the original WW is available as a reproduction these days, most are 3D printed, but I'd love to see a metal body or more metal parts for sure!