Grumpy pants

Best Value Rally or Road Chassis New or Used?

29 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Cool 😎 

I was just having a last read through last night, not sure what happened but the TC server broke or something???

Just a bit more thought to add to your decision making, have looked at the MF01X chassis?

https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/chassis/mf-01x/index.htm

It can be 210, 225, or 239 wheelbase, it’s rear mount motor ( may not accommodate a Mini shell ) 4WD but you could possibly take the prop shaft out and be rear wheel drive?

The Rally Beetle uses this chassis and could be a cheaper option than a XV01?

I've just pulled the trigger on the body shell, it was the last  one in stock so I jumped in quick.

That's a good shout on the MF01X, but honestly it has never struck any interest in me.

I think it will be an M05 for the Mini as it is cheap to buy, FWD and almost but not quite a front mounted engine.

I really like the M06 as well, the idea of a big fat engine hanging out the back of the Mini makes me think of the Haybusa engined Minis a few years ago. 

In the long run I want one of the those HPI Datsun 510A as well, the look so good! But that is definitely mid to long term. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:05 AM, Grumpy pants said:

...That phat Mini shell really inspired me 👍

Years ago I had a Mardave Mini Stock. They are such simple pans cars but in my view the bodyshells where awesome, I kept rather "low key" eye out for one on ebay but most of them where way over priced until about 6 months ago when one came up with two bodyshells and a buy it now that I could live with. I have not yet done the bodyshells (I often have years between projects lol) but a tough looking mini is a great looking car :) Look forward to what you come up with. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, hedge said:

(I often have years between projects lol)

but a tough looking mini is a great looking car :) Look forward to what you come up with. 

I know what you mean about time, it only took me about 18 months to sort out a second set of wheels & tyres for a Stadium Blitzer 😂

I recently joined Pinterest for ideas and came across this among other things, a bit beyond my skill set to achieve though,

https://pin.it/11Ebbhx

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

...I recently joined Pinterest for ideas and came across this among other things, a bit beyond my skill set to achieve though,

https://pin.it/11Ebbhx

That's a nice engine with a little car added to the front for detailing :D

• Haha 1