Farmerbrown

Rare & Vintage Hop Ups For Sale

Hello Guy & Girls

I have recently started drop shipping vintage parts & rare hop ups.

I have stumbled across a number of retail shops that have been in the game for 35 years plus which means they have large amount of vintage parts.

If there are any parts you are looking for please send me a message and i will try and find them for you.

Below is a list of items I have currently on order & for sale all Brand New:

47395 x 13 (£35 each)
53191 x 1 (£35 each) - In Stock
53398 x 1 (£35 each)
84211 x 1 (£40 each)
53106 x 1 (£35 each)
53137 x 1 (£45 each)
53165 x 1 (£30 each)
53188 x 3 (£30 each)
53099 x 1 (£90 each)
53505 x 1 (£13 each) - In Stock
53823 x 6 (£20 each) - In Stock
53098 x 4 (£25 each) not in original packaging just the required shafts and E-Rings

Thanks

Ash
  • Like 1

Hi there,

I'm potentially interested in a few of the items on your list. You mention that some of them you currently have on order - does this mean they are not currently with you for imediate dispatch and not yet in the uk?

24 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Hi there,

I'm potentially interested in a few of the items on your list. You mention that some of them you currently have on order - does this mean they are not currently with you for imediate dispatch and not yet in the uk?

Yes they are currently on route to me from various location.

Ok cool, will you be taking payments when they arrive in the UK and then only need posting domestically or will you be needing payment up front before you place the order to the supplier abroad?

1 minute ago, Superluminal said:

Ok cool, will you be taking payments when they arrive in the UK and then only need posting domestically or will you be needing payment up front before you place the order to the supplier abroad?

I have already paid for and ordered these parts so if you want them you can pay a holding deposit until they are in the UK once they are here I will post images of everything so you can see I actually have the items before you send the full amount.

I have updated the listing with what i have in stock.

Hello,

@Superluminal has just placed an order with me for parts from modelbau siedel.

If anyone else is looking for parts from modelbau siedel please do message me.

Once you have confirmed your order I will send you a PayPal invoice.

Price includes shipping to your door (UK)

Thanks

Ash 

13 hours ago, futureworks said:

You, looking for 47395 x 1 ta02 one way, which is about £20 at Seidel 

Unfortunately I am not willing to order one of them as I have already ordered 15 of them from china.

55 minutes ago, futureworks said:

You, looking for 47395 x 1 ta02 one way, which is about £20 at Seidel 

I will happily order from Seidel for you. No cost for domestic shipping within Germany and actual cost for shipping from Germany to UK is 9.00 Euro. I don't want to get a Cent of profit, so you would pay just actual cost. I do this quite frequently for other TC'ers.

Considering that the cost of 47395 is relatively low compared to the 9 Euro for shipping from Germany to UK, you may consider checking if you want anything else from Seidel, Tamico or whatever other source you may want something from in Germany. I don't mind shipping one or 100 items, so just a suggestion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I don't want to get a Cent of profit, so you would pay just actual cost. I do this quite frequently for other TC'ers.

Very kind, thanks! I’ll check and see if there’s anything else I need from Siedel and PM you. Appreciate the help, very much in the spirt in which TC and the forum has operated over the years. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I will happily order from Seidel for you. No cost for domestic shipping within Germany and actual cost for shipping from Germany to UK is 9.00 Euro. I don't want to get a Cent of profit, so you would pay just actual cost. I do this quite frequently for other TC'ers.

Considering that the cost of 47395 is relatively low compared to the 9 Euro for shipping from Germany to UK, you may consider checking if you want anything else from Seidel, Tamico or whatever other source you may want something from in Germany. I don't mind shipping one or 100 items, so just a suggestion.

Good man👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

11 hours ago, futureworks said:

Very kind, thanks! I’ll check and see if there’s anything else I need from Siedel and PM you. Appreciate the help, very much in the spirt in which TC and the forum has operated over the years. 👍

Very kind of you to help someone out @Mokei Kagaku

Just to let you know the amount of "Profit" I will be making on orders would be next to nothing once you take into account: 

1. PayPal fees I pay
2. Shipping cost from German to the UK (Tracked & Insured)
3. Shipping cost to your door (Tracked & Insured)

I am offering a service where by I take on liability for when things get lost in the post, which i am sure your not taking on.

There is a shipping cost for domestic shipping within Germany if your order is below 50 Euro with seidel.

So lets do a cost break down of what 1 x 47395 will be.

Item price - 22 Euro
PayPal Fee (Seidel Charges) -  4.75 Euro
Your Shipping Fee (Tracked & Insured ?) - 9 Euro

Total - 35.75 Euro

PayPal exchange - £33.4 

What happens if the item is lost in the post, who is  responsible will you cover the loss????

So the saving your making is £6.6 over my £40 I am charging for the same thing, but you have the probability of something getting lost and loosing your money all together.

1 hour ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Any chance you can find 53372 at a sensible price?

I have sent out a few emails to my suppliers to see if i can find this for you.

44 minutes ago, Farmerbrown said:

Just to let you know the amount of "Profit" I will be making on orders would be next to nothing once you take into account: 

1. PayPal fees I pay

I am offering a service where by I take on liability for when things get lost in the post, which i am sure your not taking on.

There is a shipping cost for domestic shipping within Germany if your order is below 50 Euro with seidel.

Item price - 22 Euro

Total - 35.75 Euro

PayPal exchange - £33.4 

What happens if the item is lost in the post, who is  responsible will you cover the loss????

So the saving your making is £6.6 over my £40 I am charging for the same thing, but you have the probability of something getting lost and loosing your money all together.

Are you UK based? If so how did you manage to get Siedel to post to the UK? 

31 minutes ago, svenb said:

Are you UK based? If so how did you manage to get Siedel to post to the UK? 

Yes I am UK based, I am using my business shipping contacts to help with shipping into the UK.

I have orders for customers coming from: South Africa, Germany, Poland, China, Japan, Italy, Greece 

• Like 1

If you come across a 49414 milky blue ta05 stabilizer set I'd be interested 👍 

I can also get the following kits, same as before 50% deposit.

47390 - Avante Pioneer 2011 edition black special edition
58489 - Avante Pioneer 2011 edition
47308 - M Car Series Volkswagen Golf Mk1 M-05 (With or Without ESC)
93036 - Lowride Pumpkin Pumpkin Soft Shell Edition M-06
84122 - Lotus TYPE 79 F104 MOD
84287 - Lotus Team Type 102B F104W
84124 - Wolf WR1 F104 MOD
84412 - TB-04 R
58583 - EGRESS 2013 version
84432 - TRF102
58652 - F104 ProII frame set (including car shell)
42345 - TRF420
58476 - Civic Type-R R3 FF-03
42326 - TRF TA07MS

Let me know if your interested and I will send over a price.

27 minutes ago, svenb said:

If you come across a 49414 milky blue ta05 stabilizer set I'd be interested 👍 

I have sent out a few emails to my suppliers to see if i can find this for you

2 hours ago, Farmerbrown said:

1. PayPal fees I pay

Item price - 22 Euro

Total - 35.75 Euro

PayPal exchange - £33.4 

Well, you are free to calculate any profit you want. However, as this forum is not your webshop, anyone is free to offer at whatever prices they want and take any liability they feel comfortable with.

As for your prices, I fully appreciate the contributors to your actual costs, and with or without profit, the prices may be absolutely fair measured against your costs. And even if they weren't, you are free to ask any prices you want anyway, and I'm not questioning your price level at all. However, it's not my or any TC-members' problem that you source parts in a way that results in what are  partially excessive prices compared to prices from sources that have the same parts available at much lower prices, including shipping or whatever additional costs involved.

Also, as Svenb points out above, there are is a longlasting tradition here in TC to help each others out sourcing kits or parts, and most who do, don't want any profit. That doesn't at all mean that you or anyone else aren't free to calculate a profit in your prices, but you must be aware of that you will face "competition" from members who just want to help each other. That said, I would never walk into your or anyone's physical shop or contact customers in your or anyone's webshop and take your business away by offering (your) customers a favour by sourcing parts for them at actual cost.

"I am offering a service where by I take on liability for when things get lost in the post, which i am sure your not taking on."

That's purely your assumption. Assumption is the mother of all f....ups. Pardon me, but you have no right to conclude about this. Neither in my case, nor in any other member's case. And you're wrong too. Of course I do offer my personal full liability at actual cost (optional tracking and insurance) and as always, it goes without saying, that I don't consider any deal completed before the recipient has received and approved of the item(s). Meanwhile, the recipients have my full (free) support in the relatively rare cases of problems with shipments. None so far and not a single shipment lost or missing. After all,  TC is a friendly community where we help each others out.

"There is a shipping cost for domestic shipping within Germany if your order is below 50 Euro with seidel."

I have ordered from Seidel exactly 90 times for a total of a high 5-digit amount, so thank you very much, I'm aware of that. Still, when I stated "no cost for domestic shipping", I wasn't lying.  Unless it can't be avoided, I always order from any shop for more than the free domestic shipping limit.  It has happened one single time that I had to inform about the 3.75 EUR domestic shipping cost, and it happened solely because a TC'er ordered three times within a few days and didn't want to wait for an opportunity of combined (domestic) shipment.  His order was thus split on three domestic shipments from the same source, resulting in one shipment below the free shipping limit. And he was of course informed in advance of making his decision to order, so of course no unexpected cost for him.

Finally, I'm not your competition and though I'm happy to help other TC'ers at no cost, it's not help I want to force anyone to take advantage of. After all, it's unpaid "work" for me, and if TC'ers can get the items cheaper from others source, it's a win-win for both them and me.  My help is however free and available to anyone who wants it, and I guess that most people want to get items as cheap as possible, unless a more expensive source offers actual additional benefits. 

In the specific case of 47395 and Futureworks' request, he was well aware of the price at Seidel and you declined to help him. That's the reason why I offered my help. If he had decided (or still should decide) to buy from you at the higher price, that's entirely his choice and not at all a problem for me. I just don't see an excessive price justified simply because some are willing to pay it on eBay.

"So the saving your making is £6.6 over my £40 I am charging for the same thing, but you have the probability of something getting lost and loosing your money all together."

Again not true!  You charge GBP40 (including UK domestic shipping I guess?). Actual total cost if helped out for free by me or anyone located in Germany would be EUR 21.99 + EUR 9.00 for shipping frem Germany to UK (portion of shipping cost lower if combined with other items), which equals to GBP 29.85 using the exchange rate you stated. Not GBP 33.40!

I wish you the best of luck with your business (no sarcasm! :)). In fact, if you should turn out to be capable of offering sought after items not available from anyone else and/or at competitive prices (rare or not), you will be a real and very welcome asset to TC! 

Just be aware of the traditions of helping each other without any profit involved here on TC and most people's wish to get their items as cheap as possible! 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Well, you are free to calculate any profit you want. However, as this forum is not your webshop, anyone is free to offer at whatever prices they want and take any liability they feel comfortable with.

As for your prices, I fully appreciate the contributors to your actual costs, and with or without profit, the prices may be absolutely fair measured against your costs. And even if they weren't, you are free to ask any prices you want, and I'm not questioning your price level at all. However, it's not my or any TC-members' problem that you source parts in a way that results in what are  partially excessive prices compared to prices from sources that have the same parts available at much lower prices, including shipping or whatever additional costs involved. Also, as Svenb points out above, there are is a longlasting tradition here in TC to help each others out sourcing kits or parts, and most who do, don't want any profit. That doesn't at all mean that you or anyone else aren't free to calculate a profit in your prices, but you must be aware of that you will face "competition" from members who just want to help each other. That said, I would never walk into your or anyone's physical shop or contact customers in your or anyone's webshop and take your business away by offering (your) customers a favour by sourcing parts for them at actual cost.

"I am offering a service where by I take on liability for when things get lost in the post, which i am sure your not taking on."

That's purely your assumption. Assumption is the mother of all f....ups. Pardon me, but you have no right to conclude about this. Neither in my case, nor in any other member's case. And you're wrong too. Of course I do offer my personal full liability at actual cost (optional tracking and insurance) and as always, it goes without saying, that I don't consider any deal completed before the recipient has received and approved of the item(s). Meanwhile, the recipients have my full (free) support in the relatively rare cases of problems with shipments. After all,  TC is a friendly community where we help each others out.

"There is a shipping cost for domestic shipping within Germany if your order is below 50 Euro with seidel."

I have ordered from Seidel exactly 90 times for a total of a high 5-digit amount, so thank you, I'm aware of that. Still, when I stated "no cost for domestic shipping", I wasn't lying.  Unless it can't be avoided , I always order from any shop for more than the free domestic shipping limit.  It has happened one single time that I had to inform about the 3.75 EUR domestic shipping cost, it happened just because a TC'er ordered three times within a few days, split on three domestic shipments from the same source, resulting in one shipment below the free shipping limit. And he was of course informed in advance of making his decision to order.

Finally, I'm not your competition and though I'm happy to help other TC'ers at no cost, it's nothing I want to force anyone to do. After all, it's unpaid "work" for me, and if TC'ers can get the items cheaper from others source, it's a win-win for both them and me.  My help is however free and available to anyone who wants it, and I guess that most people want to get items as cheap as possible, unless a more expensive source offers actual additional benefits. 

In the specific case of 47395 and Futureworks' request, he was well aware of the price at Seidel and you declined to help him. That's the reason why I offered my help. If he had decided (or still should decide) to buy from you at the higher price, that's entirely his choice and not at all a problem for me. I just don't see an excessive price justified simply because some are willing to pay it on eBay.

"So the saving your making is £6.6 over my £40 I am charging for the same thing, but you have the probability of something getting lost and loosing your money all together."

Again not true!  You charge GBP40 (including UK domestic shipping I guess?). Actual total cost if helped out for free by anyone located in Germany would be EUR 21.99 + EUR 9.00 for shipping frem Germany to UK (portion of shipping cost lower if combined with other items), which equals to GBP 29.85 using the exchange rate you stated. Not GBP 33.40!

I wish you the best of luck with your business (no sarcasm! :)). Just be aware of the traditions of helping each other without any profit involved here on TC and most people's wish to get their items as cheap as possible! 

I have to disagree with you on some aspects of what you pointed out, bottom line personally I think it would of been best to PM someone directly with you intention to help rather than posting it within my thread.

You can't deny you weren't taking a stab at me with you comments about profit.

For the record my calculations are correct if your ordering a single item which I pointed out.

14 hours ago, futureworks said:

@Mokei Kagaku has been kind enough to help me out a couple of times with orders from Seidel over the last couple of months, and like most things if you have enough bits in your basket the insured onward shipping (to the UK in this case) is a no brainer 

• Like 2

@Farmerbrown I think you and @Mokei Kagaku are talking about and offering different things. @Mokei Kagaku has been amazingly helpful when I know what I want and where to order it from (generally, Seidel!!) a purely for-the-good-of-the-community support to specific requests when the only stockist is one who simply won't ship outside of Germany. It's a reactive service, and one I am very grateful for. I've offered to pay a little extra to cover his time and trouble, which he has always refused, which I guess is how the contentious word 'profit' has come into this conversation. 

Just at face value, you look to be offering more of a pro-active service, sourcing parts which you are then promoting here, and also offering to help seek out parts that TC members might want but can't find, using your contacts to help. As with most things, I don't think anyone would argue with a 'finder's fee' or equivalent in that kind of arrangement, and it's always at the buyer's discretion to accept your prices or not. And again, if you are able to find those parts or kits that are otherwise impossible to get hold of, then more power to you. It's a big part of the hobby.

This is a community, and as with all successful communities online and IRL, it relies on different folks offering different strokes, all working together for common aims. With that common goal in mind, there's a space and place for everyone. 

All the best to you both!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Farmerbrown said:

I have to disagree with you on some aspects of what you pointed out, bottom line personally I think it would of been best to PM someone directly with you intention to help rather than posting it within my thread.

You can't deny you weren't taking a stab at me with you comments about profit.

For the record my calculations are correct if your ordering a single item which I pointed out.

Again, you specifically declined to help Futureworks get 47395 for a price he documented as justified. That's perfectly fine, but you can't expect me or anyone else to not offer help.  As I also pointed out before, if he still wants to pay your price, it's less "inconvenience" for anyone offering to help at actual cost. I wouldn't comprehend it, but it's perfectly fine. After all, they're not paying out of my wallet! 

If you want to establish a strict censorship in the forum and have a problem with offers for non-profit help between other members, I suggest contacting the admins and ask if they will implement censorship and enforce it. As with any existing rule here, I and the absolute majority of TC'ers would comply. Sure, it's "your" thread, but as far as I know, it's not your forum and unless I have misunderstood completely, you don't own this webpage either? You may have been active here a long time with a different name, I don't now, but you appear to be new and unexperienced with how this forum works.

With regards to stab at profit; Yes, I can deny it, simply because it isn't true, and if you had read and understood my reply, that should be pretty clear . I even repeated several times in my reply that you are free to calculate any profit you want and think will be accepted by your customers. That's how a business works.  As everyone else, I want as many hobby shops (physical and web) as possible to exist. Without them, the hobby would be impossible.  If your strategy should work, then credits to you and another business as an asset for us all.

Since you confront me about this issue and make incorrect conclusions about my opinions, I feel free to say my opinion about your business idea though. Based on the prices you have stated and total prices for getting the same items from other sources, I think your prices are simply too high to generate enough sales. (I was in the hobby business for two decades myself, so I have a slight idea how it works.)  It doesn't matter if the "excess" is caused by profit, high total cost for you buying the parts or whatever.  As before, if you offer additional benefits that your competition doesn't offer, people may or may not be prepared to pay higher prices.  For instance: Some see a benefit in buying local (I support my local hobby shop despite others having lower prices). However, it's a cruel world and it hasn't been kind to the hobby business the last two decades, following globalization and availability of goods from all around the world at a click.  The fight for market shares is to a high degree won with competitive prices and little less. Sad really, as so many "good old hobby shops" have lost the fight by not being able to fight the prices of the giants of the business.

"For the record my calculations are correct if your ordering a single item which I pointed out.":

No, it's not. Actual total cost is the price for the item at the source and the actual cost for shipping from Germany to whatever country. No profit, no fees, no domestic shipping cost. What additional cost are you talking about that you think I have omitted from my calculation for 47395?

4 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Again, you specifically declined to help Futureworks get 47395 for a price he documented as justified. That's perfectly fine, but you can't expect me or anyone else to offer help.  As I also pointed out before, if he still wants to pay your price, it's less "inconvenience" for anyone offering to help at actual cost. I wouldn't comprehend it, but it's perfectly fine. After all, they're not paying out of my wallet! 

If you want to establish a strict censorship in the forum and have a problem with offers for non-profit help between other members, I suggest contacting the admins and ask if they will implement censorship and enforce it. As with any existing rule here, I and the absolute majority of TC'ers would comply. Sure, it's "your" thread, but as far as I know, it's not your forum and unless I have misunderstood completely, you don't own this webpage either? You may have been active here a long time with a different name, I don't now, but you appear to be new and unexperienced with how this forum works.

With regards to stab at profit; Yes, I can deny it, simply because it isn't true, and if you had read and understood my reply, that should be pretty clear . I even repeated several times in my reply that you are free to calculate any profit you want and think will be accepted by your customers. That's how a business works.  As everyone else, I want as many hobby shops (physical and web) as possible to exist. Without them, the hobby would be impossible.  If your strategy should work, then credits to you and another business as an asset for us all.

Since you confront me about this issue and make incorrect conclusions about my opinions, I feel free to say my opinion about your business idea though. Based on the prices you have stated and total prices for getting the same items from other sources, I think your prices are simply too high to generate enough sales. (I was in the hobby business for two decades myself, so I have a slight idea how it works.)  It doesn't matter if the "excess" is caused by profit, high total cost for you buying the parts or whatever.  As before, if you offer additional benefits that your competition doesn't offer, people may or may not be prepared to pay higher prices.  For instance: Some see a benefit in buying local (I support my local hobby shop despite others having lower prices). However, it's a cruel world and it hasn't been kind to the hobby business the last two decades, following globalization and availability of goods from all around the world at a click.  The fight for market shares is to a high degree won with competitive prices and little less. Sad really, as so many "good old hobby shops" have lost the fight by not being able to fight the prices of the giants of the business.

"For the record my calculations are correct if your ordering a single item which I pointed out.":

No, it's not. Actual total cost is the price for the item at the source and the actual cost for shipping from Germany to whatever country. No profit, no fees, no domestic shipping cost. What additional cost are you talking about that you think I have omitted from my calculation for 47395?

Look I would like to move on from this as @Juhunio pointed out we are offering two different services.

This hole conversation is taking away the fact that all I would like to do is sell you guys some parts.

With that being send in the interest of being part of the TC community I will be lowering my price of 47395

Going forward they will be for sale at £35 each including shipping :)

Virtual handshake @Mokei Kagaku

• Like 1