Really nice installation! I've been considering Rock Lights... Particularly on my Wraith. Being nutty like I am - my debate has been WHAT Color Lights!!! 😜

Like Rock Lights on real Rigs, it does make a difference at night.

Of course, every good trail rig needs actual lights also.  Rock lights along are simply not good enough.

I figured a flat-sided body like the Cherokee would be easy to make some light buckets for, but I quick search on thingiverse found me this thing:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3614699

Loads of detailed scale bits for the 'rokee, including various designs of light bucket!  This is the kind of thing that my resin printer is quite good at.

Printed in black standard resin and sprayed with chrome paint from the local auto store:

P8230177.jpg

Glued in place with hot glue and wired in with the roof light

P8230181.jpg

2pin plug for connecting to the chassis

P8230182.jpg

nuff glue

P8230183.jpg

• Like 1

View from outside (including my rubbish masking)

P8230185.jpg

P8230186.jpg

P8230187.jpg

P8230188.jpg

• Like 1

For now I have only added head and tail lights, connected to the switch on the chassis.  I have the option of adding turn signals, sidelights and foglights later, but I would either have to waterproof an Arduino board or buy a waterproof lighting system to make use of them.  For now the ports are taped over so they don't get water in them.

I also haven't added the decals yet.  Coming soon...

P8230189.jpg

P8230190.jpg

P8230191.jpg

P8230192.jpg

• Like 1

The curious among you will have noticed that the Thing posted above also contains some arch extensions.  I have had the first set printed by a friend in PETG - rears fit well but fronts need extending.  Photos to follow when I get around to finishing the job :)

• Like 1

OK, here's the 7 photos that I managed to take in the hole of Sunday.  I literally spent the entire day in the workshop and achieved only this.  Some days are just slow days, I guess.

Arch extensions printed in PETG by a friend:

P9093221.jpg

Drilled out and fitted with impact adhesive and stainless screws

P9093223.jpg

Fitting was close as I'd already done a lot of cutting - just need to tidy this up:

P9093224.jpg

fin.

P9093225.jpg

• Like 1

As you can (sort of) see in my (badly-lit) photo, the front arch is too short.  There was a downy bit that I hacksawed off.

P9093226.jpg

Problem - I had foolishly sanded a recess into the back of the arch to better fit the shape of the body, but the result is a badly warped body.  I will be having new front arches printed and will not make that mistake again.

P9093227.jpg

• Like 1

Made this during a long meeting yesterday.  Updated front arch extension, longer and without the downward curve.

Modifying an existing STL file in Fusion 360 is not always an enjoyable process but it's piqued my interest for designing in 3D again.  I've got so much 3D stuff to do it's about time I got on and did some of it.

arch-design.png

• Like 2