Problemchild

Old 80s Lambo RC

Wondering if anyone can help me....

when I was a wee nipper (c1985) in the UK I had a red Lamborghini countach RC car (defo not Tamiya)

I think It took DCell batteries

it had full working indicators, lights and reverse lights 

it’s pop up lights worked by pushing up the lambo badge on the front.

if anyone knows what this model / make / version could they PM me with any info? 

thanks

JJ

OMG!! I'm sure i have the same thing . Red body and chassis was black ( flat chassis )  

Steering was on or off , simple rc back then . Ha , just come to me by reading this .

I forgot that i had one , May not of been the same . Hope you find one .

Don’t think it had the bonus spoiler either 

hopefully if it was common back then it was a known brand

JJ

There seem to be a few around from that era.

Taiyo, Asahi, Radcon. They all look similar and may be the same thing but rebranded?

The only one I could find with working lights is Tandy/Radio Shack?

I had a bump and go Lamborghini Miura in the 70's.  Not quite what you're on about, but it sprang to memory.

1970s-lamborghini-miura-bump-car_360_9f866c4ae54d47e0068ed2160e5a0a17.jpg

One of my first RC's was a Ferrari Testerossa which I used to slide all over the kitchen floor tiles.  Just like Crockett and Tubbs used to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fruitfly01 said:

I had a bump and go Lamborghini Miura in the 70's.  Not quite what you're on about, but it sprang to memory.

1970s-lamborghini-miura-bump-car_360_9f866c4ae54d47e0068ed2160e5a0a17.jpg

One of my first RC's was a Ferrari Testerossa which I used to slide all over the kitchen floor tiles.  Just like Crockett and Tubbs used to do.

I can't access the piccy but I had a Miura that was bump and go in the '70's.  And the lights popped up?  Mine was red I think and about a foot long, maybe a bit smaller.  I was quite a bit smaller then!

8 hours ago, ChrisHGTV said:

I can't access the piccy but I had a Miura that was bump and go in the '70's.  And the lights popped up?  Mine was red I think and about a foot long, maybe a bit smaller.  I was quite a bit smaller then!

That's the one.  I think mine was white.  My friend had the metallic red one that's in the picture above.

I know how you feel... I lived in the USA for a year back in 1995 when I was 10 years old. My father took me and my brother to Toys'R'Us...

I remember seeing a Tamiya Hornet (as I remember...) under a glass cabinet. It was the coolest toy which I ever seen in my life.

My father told me that it's horribly expensive... it was more than 200 bucks back than if I remember correctly.

So I had to choose another car.

I found a big black Monster Truck which wasn't rc, it was a cable control car and it could only go forward and backwars.

It looked like a Clod and had somewhat yellow stickers... it was a pickup.

But it was the coolest car for me. I'm searching for it since I lost it somewhere 15 years ago...

21 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

How about this one? Just came across this when I was looking for something else.

https://www.ebay.ch/itm/ASAHI-JP-Lamborghini-Countach-1-12-Funk-FB-1980er-Sammlerstueck-RAR-/184168859191

Oooooh - the controller really nudges something in my head bit mine had no spoiler, no wheel arch extensions

the biggest tell for the one I’m after is the lambo badge was 3D and slide up and down to activate the pop up lights ;)

thank you for thinking of my quest 👍🏻

JJ

• Like 1