kid168

Super Astute turnbuckles

Anyone know what Tamiya turnbuckle sets(for other kits) I can get the turnbuckles for the Super Astute? Specially the 3x50mm(steering)?

I bought mine in pairs, the 50mm was hard to find so I used 52mm and they work ok

https://www.rcmart.com/3racing-64-titanium-3x52mm-turnbuckle-2-pcs-silver-3rac-tr352-00059950

I've used these titanium 3Racing ones for a few years now and find them to be good, and buying them in pairs is preferable to me than buying kits because I just use the kit ends and just get what I need.

• Like 1

I concur with @Jonathon Gillham, 3Racing titanium TBs are good quality and well-prices.

Also Lunsford Racing make a huge range - again, great quality.  I used these on my Super Astute as there wasn't much 3Racing stock anywhere.  DMS Racing have good stock and are UK-based.

https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=318&Itemid=&filter_product=&keyword=&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=115

• Like 1

I'm looking for the Tamiya made ones. Gonna shelf it so I want it to have Tamiya upgrades only. 

Look at the DT03 turnbuckle set.  It should contain most of what you require.  However the Steering rods on that set are very long with 50mm of shaft between the adjusters.

The set contains:

2 x 65mm shafts

2 x 38mm shafts

2 x 32mm shafts.

The other alternative is to look for the turnbuckles for the Dyna Storm.  It's a descendant of the Astute so some of it's generic parts are more of a direct fit.  I'm pretty sure I'm using Dyna Storm turnbuckles on my Madcap, although I fitted them a long time ago, so the old memory is a bit fuzzy.

Dyna Storm contains:

1 x 32mm

2 x 38mm

2 x 42mm

2 x 50mm

DT03 is a cheap good upgrade for alot of Tamiya cars. 

On 6/29/2020 at 11:23 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

I bought mine in pairs, the 50mm was hard to find so I used 52mm and they work ok

https://www.rcmart.com/3racing-64-titanium-3x52mm-turnbuckle-2-pcs-silver-3rac-tr352-00059950

I've used these titanium 3Racing ones for a few years now and find them to be good, and buying them in pairs is preferable to me than buying kits because I just use the kit ends and just get what I need.

Could you please write down the various sizes required if you can remember them please?

i need to get some myself 

thanks!

1 hour ago, xray mark said:

Could you please write down the various sizes required if you can remember them please?

i need to get some myself 

thanks!

They are all 3mm, and I bought pairs of 42mm, 52mm and 38mm.  The sizes are in the manual, look at thevparts in the back and get close to those. 

There is another short one which you can replace, it connects the servo saver to the steering mechanism. I just used what came in the kit as thats not something I adjust once its built.