DeadMeat666

M-chassis confusion

On 7/24/2020 at 7:22 PM, berman said:

I want one, I also believe I neeeed one 😄 

So my answer is yes, do it 👍

I did it. Put an order in for an M08 chassis and an MX5 body set.

Now to start arranging a will for when the wife finds out I just bought car number 6 in as many months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

....Now to start arranging a will for when the wife finds out I just bought car number 6 in as many months.

I've been there!! By this time next year, I'll be sneaking kits past the Wife again!! 😜 I really want a M07!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Now to start arranging a will for when the wife finds out I just bought car number 6 in as many months.

You're a dead man, nice knowing you! 😂😂😂

I hope you bought the mx5 bodyset with out the pre-drilled holes, as the M08 ones are off by a approx 5mm in the front, and the back ones end up near the top of the rear window, instead of on the boot/trunk 😕

I am also a dead man, as I paid for a M01 this morning 🤫 😄 

• Haha 3

It's the lesser of 2 evils.  You play with toy cars at home with the fam' or be out wandering the streets possibly found face down in a gutter somewhere....her choice...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, berman said:

.....I am also a dead man, as I paid for a M01 this morning 🤫 😄 

M01!!?? That must have set you back more than a few....

We'll be sure to add that to your obituary!! 😜😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, berman said:

You're a dead man, nice knowing you! 😂😂😂

I hope you bought the mx5 bodyset with out the pre-drilled holes, as the M08 ones are off by a approx 5mm in the front, and the back ones end up near the top of the rear window, instead of on the boot/trunk 😕

I am also a dead man, as I paid for a M01 this morning 🤫 😄

This is the one I got:

https://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-1-10-mazda-mx5-body-parts-set-51583-00065412

Looks like it only has dimples if the photos are accurate.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 6:37 PM, Carmine A said:

M01!!?? That must have set you back more than a few....

We'll be sure to add that to your obituary!! 😜😂

Not too bad, same price you pay for any M chassis new, but including shipping from the UK to NZ, and it's a new build chassis with unpainted body by the looks of it 😎 👍

On 7/30/2020 at 7:18 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

This is the one I got:

https://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-1-10-mazda-mx5-body-parts-set-51583-00065412

Looks like it only has dimples if the photos are accurate.

Ph yes, sorry I forgot about the newer MX5, I was refering to the old 1st gen MX5, disregard my comment 🙂

Got one of the latest (2020) RC Line Up brochures from my LHS on Friday...

DO NOT GET ONE!!!!

They have a page for each chassis, which has approx 70-80% of all the hop ups for the -M05 to M08 in GLORIOUS  colour WITH part numbers...

STAY WELL AWAY!!!

😯😮🤫😬😏😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/29/2020 at 11:23 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

Just to continue with this storyline for everyone's evening entertainment:

The M08 arrived yesterday, and I successfully snuck it past the wife, or so I thought. Later that evening, she asked me what the big new box has inside. I told her it's my birthday present to myself (my birthday is coming up). 

She said "Fine, but do you really need a FOURTH rc car?"

All I could think of was how to tell her that this is my SIXTH car, not my fourth :lol::lol::lol:

On a more serious (and relevant) note:

Other than measuring shocks, especially the shorter tc and m chassis ones, is there some sort of reference online for how long ball-cup to ball-cup each type of the MANY different shocks available for the M chassis? I don't want to run into the same problem that I did for the M07 when building my M08.

Cheers,

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

My response would have been.. do you really need “another” hand bag 😂

• Haha 1

@DeadMeat666 I feel your pain!! 7 years ago, I had 23 RCs!! 😲  Sneaking them past the Wife became a bigger and bigger challenge. I even tried a couple of times, telling her that I WON it. 

That only works ONCE! 😖

Just now, Carmine A said:

@DeadMeat666 I feel your pain!! 7 years ago, I had 23 RCs!! 😲  Sneaking them past the Wife became a bigger and bigger challenge. I even tried a couple of times, telling her that I WON it. 

That only works ONCE! 😖

Oh COOL! I haven't used that idea yet! Thanks for the tip :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Oh COOL! I haven't used that idea yet! Thanks for the tip :lol:

Hey! It's us against the Wives!! We've got to look out for each other.

On 8/8/2020 at 4:38 AM, DeadMeat666 said:

Just to continue with this storyline for everyone's evening entertainment:

The M08 arrived yesterday, and I successfully snuck it past the wife, or so I thought. Later that evening, she asked me what the big new box has inside. I told her it's my birthday present to myself (my birthday is coming up). 

All I could think of was how to tell her that this is my SIXTH car, not my fourth :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

I think my wife lost count years ago.

A few months back we had some friends over, and my mate asked how many cars I had.

My wife piped up with "about 20".

All she did was roll her eyes when I said it was more like 50. :lol:

You can either roll with the ongoing '4' car thing or desensitise her with the truth. B) I'll leave that with you, as it's your balls on the line! :P

• Haha 2

Getting back on topic (which is just as entertaining I'm sure lol):

Is gluing tires a MUST with M chassis cars? They seem to fit on there pretty tight as is...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Is gluing tires a MUST with M chassis cars? They seem to fit on there pretty tight as is...

WHAT Fun is STAYING on topic!!??? 😜

Seriously though, Gluing the bog standard M60 bottom Spec Tyres are NOT entirely necessary.... But it's always a good idea though!! 😜  EVERY other Tyre in the M Chassis Cars Line, are quite soft indeed, and should be Glued.

The bog Standard ones are really stiff and hold fast onto the Wheels... 

Choices........ Choices!!

5 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Depends on how grippy your surface is, how fast your car is, car weight, how clean you keep the tire bead, and tire compound.  Any hard cornering where tire grips enough to curl under the wheel makes gluing necessary.  Factors such as weight and speed during cornering increase the side load on the tire, as does the centrifugal forces from a hopped up motor.  These factors will try to peel the tire bead off the rim.  If you have a stock motor and featherweight 1s and medium compound tires there's not much side-loading and you can get away without gluing the bead

Here's a technique that takes the stress out of gluing tires:

• Thanks 2

@SupraChrgd82 THAT could save me a WHOLE lot of mess!!! And I won't use up all of my Daughter's Nail Polish Remover. 😜

Thank you for this!!

I run HPI on road shocks From with the stock springs in my m 06 miata. That body is not as heavy as the AbS Pumpkin  shell But on stock friction shocks with no spacers , the rear sagged just the same. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

My wife bought me a Tamiya 1/24 at static model mx5 roadster for my birthday in March. Weeks later she was encouraging me to get the M06 roadster kit.

That followed building a King Yellow , which I convinced her is for her ( yes I drive it too ) 

Now I’m awaiting a Pumpkin I got off ebay for $75 USD. She is enabling my problem. To be fair I have funded All 3 purchases by garbage picking old broken lawn mowers and bicycles and selling them, so she doesn’t mind.

I did tell her I will sell my Slash before I buy any new RCs though 

• Like 2

Ok here's a difficult one that I can't seem to figure out:

are the following parts compatible with each other, and will they fit properly into an M02?

1. Tamiya #54410 - RC 30mm LW Lightweight Aluminum Swing Shaft For 53597 M-03 M03 OP.1410    

2. Tamiya #42357 - Cross Joints LF Assembly Universal Shafts

3. Tamiya #54623 - OP.1623 M-Chassis Wheel Axle w/Axle Ring (M-05/M-06/TT-02/DT-03/DF-03)

From simply eyeballing the pics, they SHOULD work, but I'd like some second opinions before I pull the trigger.

18 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Ok here's a difficult one that I can't seem to figure out:

are the following parts compatible with each other, and will they fit properly into an M02?

1. Tamiya #54410 - RC 30mm LW Lightweight Aluminum Swing Shaft For 53597 M-03 M03 OP.1410    

2. Tamiya #42357 - Cross Joints LF Assembly Universal Shafts

3. Tamiya #54623 - OP.1623 M-Chassis Wheel Axle w/Axle Ring (M-05/M-06/TT-02/DT-03/DF-03)

From simply eyeballing the pics, they SHOULD work, but I'd like some second opinions before I pull the trigger.

Yeah that's a hard one. My question would be if the cross joints fit the universals and wheel axle, I would guess the universals and axle mate together being M chassis specific, but not sure if the cross joints are a bigger or smaller m chassis size. 🤷‍♂️

You not interested in, or cant find Tamiyas M chassis universals?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, berman said:

Yeah that's a hard one. My question would be if the cross joints fit the universals and wheel axle, I would guess the universals and axle mate together being M chassis specific, but not sure if the cross joints are a bigger or smaller m chassis size. 🤷‍♂️

You not interested in, or cant find Tamiyas M chassis universals?

Well, if you notice the axles, they seem to be compatible with a range of chassis types, so using deductive reasoning, if item 1 (axles) are compatible with M chassis and others, and item 2 (cross joints) is universal, theoretically including some of the chassis types that item 1 is compatible with, then item 1 must be compatible with item 2.

Does that make sense?

The reason for ordering these is 2-fold:

1. I want aluminum CVD shafts for the M02 (they will be in the back, so not that much shock resistance needed)

2. I can't find a full set for the M01/M02

• Like 1

@DeadMeat666 This is an assumption...  But all M Chassis Cars should have the same ball cup size, and same outer Spindle size. 

Therefore if the center shaft length is the same, it seems like it would be a good!! 😉

• Like 1