DeadMeat666

M-chassis confusion

1 hour ago, berman said:

The Savox is $63.99 on Amain, and the exchange rate is $67usd to $100nzd?  And approx $48usd (83nzd) for the R12, so I am not sure what you are getting at? 

.... I guess I completely got wrong what you were talking about before, about $80 and $100nzd for Servos. 😖

I've never paid more than $26 USD for a Power HD Servos.

HERE'S something I think is worth throwing into this conversation.... IMG_20200829_072108.thumb.jpg.de960cf135832534d3485bee28b525fc.jpg

I had recently installed THESE "Low Friction" Kingpins, on my M05... VERY sloppy, and thought I was stuck with it, until I got a stock Parts Bag A for the M05.  LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE between the Shank width on the Stock Kingpins vs. the Aftermarket....IMG_20200829_184815.thumb.jpg.16d8b51eafc802bed34fe5dd05896ebc.jpg

THESE are the Hopup that every M05 search on Evilbay brought me to... P/N 54409. IMG_20200829_184951.thumb.jpg.a0066586e085dcca1a67aaa6e34b60fe.jpg

THEN I found THESE almost by accident!! 😲  They SAY M05 on the package! The Shank diameter is the SAME as Stock!!

NOW, does the M05 have a different size Bearing Hole in its C-Hubs than ANY other M Chassis Car??

Are the #54409 Kingpins just wrongly listed - or do they fit other M Chassis Cars? This was the first one I ever bothered with upgrade Kingpins before, so I don't know. I hope someone can provide some clarity! 😊

One is a step screw for the upper arms, one is a king pin for the top and bottom of the C hubs...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, berman said:

One is a step screw for the upper arms, one is a king pin for the top and bottom of the C hubs...

THANK YOU! So they weren't a waste, and I might be able to remove the last traces of slop in the Front End!! 😁 

Not that I'm ever going to be able to take her Racing... I just want firm control at high speed. I haven't done a single thing to the Rear, and it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects either! I may end up getting Aluminum Hubs, front and rear, but that's about it.