DGunn1

Super astute servo choice

Hi all,

Was wondering what low profile steering servo's all super astute owners used, any recommendations? 

Presumably doesn't need to be high torque considering there's little weight up front, but happy to be corrected.

Thanks in advance

Yep the TS D99x is good, i use them in my TA07 and TRF102. 

Savox 1251MG seems to be the go to quality low profile servo, unless you want to spend heaps. 

I have a JX 4409MG in my Super Astute and Top Force. They are cheap and seem to work ok. Theses cars don't get run a huge amount so I didn't want to spend much on a servo

• Like 1

I used etronix 8.2kg/0.11s low profile metal gears, I'm very pleased with it super fast and only £18!

Thanks all, will investigate the etronix one first. I'm unlikely to get much opportunity to run it so dont fancy spending too much on a servo.

Cheers

On 6/30/2020 at 6:05 PM, kid168 said:

SPT4412lv low profile 10usd only

Has anyone experienced a DOA on a servo?  I just got an SPT4412lv  off eBay and it won't work. I plug an s3003 into the same receiver and everything is fine. One thing I noticed is that with a servo horn I can easily turn the Futaba servo with my fingers but the SPT is very difficult to turn. Is that to be expected or maybe indicative of the problem with the SPT?  I really want to get this SA built. Is there any way to make an s3003 work in it? 

On 1/23/2022 at 4:50 AM, A-Baum said:

Has anyone experienced a DOA on a servo?  I just got an SPT4412lv  off eBay and it won't work. I plug an s3003 into the same receiver and everything is fine. One thing I noticed is that with a servo horn I can easily turn the Futaba servo with my fingers but the SPT is very difficult to turn. Is that to be expected or maybe indicative of the problem with the SPT?  I really want to get this SA built. Is there any way to make an s3003 work in it? 

I'm using a Futaba S3003 in my Super Astute.  I just re-route the servo wiring under the battery.  Foam tape raises the battery enough for wiring to run beneath it, then some aluminium tape over the wiring for tidiness.

How's your build going, is there a thread for it ?