Mokei Kagaku

New Toyota GR Yaris (not WRC) in the pipeline from Tamiya.

I wonder why it isn't on the MF-01X? Motor stick out to far perhaps?

More importantly, why an M class chassis (with a wheelbase of 239mm) when it should be an 180mm wide body on a 257mm touring car chassis?

"The GR Yaris is 3995mm long and 1805mm wide, with a wheelbase of 2558mm. The front track is 1530mm and the rear track is 1560mm."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/toyota-gr-yaris-hot-hatch-2020

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

More importantly, why an M class chassis (with a wheelbase of 239mm) when it should be an 180mm wide body on a 257mm touring car chassis?

"The GR Yaris is 3995mm long and 1805mm wide, with a wheelbase of 2558mm. The front track is 1530mm and the rear track is 1560mm."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/toyota-gr-yaris-hot-hatch-2020

The real 1:1 GR Yaris is going to be incredible - and it's 4WD. Why would they put it on a FWD chassis? Tamiya make some strange chassis choices. I would have ordered this immediately if it was on a 4WD chassis (MF01X, TT02, etc).

• Like 1

Tamiya is tamiya.

I will buy this body for sure, I had affinities to buy a Mazda 2 Body, but I am a fan of Toyota more. Especially the Yaris. For my M05ver2.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:09 AM, Mokei Kagaku said:

Tamiya Toyota GR Yaris teaser video

Photos

58684 Toyota GR Yaris (M05L)

😴💤💤💤💤💤💤 

Come on Tamiya, we need some livelier m chassis .. lotus elan, exige, Alfa 4C, Datsun 510, Renault Alpine (new)...  enough with the goofy hatchbacks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

After searching a little bit for this Yaris Model and seeing this picture. To my mind is coming that Tamiya did this on marketing purpose.

Maybe the Yaris WRC body was a good sell, and now they have completed more or less the bigger picture.

1toyotagryaris5.jpg?itok=ImU4Xj_y

also the new Toyota Supra and AE86 Gazzoo themed bodies were maybe a good marketing  for Toyota.

• Like 1

I hope this means potentially more Toyota re-releases.  ST185 Celica, and maybe even the ST205, would be fantastic.  Toyota Hilux monster racer might be an outside shot but a TA02T PreRunner would be nice too.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:13 PM, Raman36 said:

😴💤💤💤💤💤💤 

Come on Tamiya, we need some livelier m chassis .. lotus elan, exige, Alfa 4C, Datsun 510, Renault Alpine (new)...  enough with the goofy hatchbacks 

Fully agree!

I reckon you know that Kyosho has a kit and bps of the "new" Alpine? I was tempted to buy, but the BPS is pretty expensive and as usual for Kyosho, not quite up to Tamiya standard. Also, I would have been more tempted if it had been the regular road version.

Snip3__45220.1582610328.JPG?c=2&imbypass

4 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I reckon you know that Kyosho has a kit and bps of the "new" Alpine?

MST are making an M-chassis sized Alpine for release in Q4 this year. I think it was going to be a 225mm wheelbase, can't quite remember- it will be somewhere on their Facebook page...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

MST are making an M-chassis sized Alpine for release in Q4 this year. I think it was going to be a 225mm wheelbase, can't quite remember- it will be somewhere on their Facebook page...

Excellent! Thanks a lot for this information! I need to start following MST more closely. I just have their Hilux body so far, which is really fantastic, even in direct comparison with the Tamiya Hilux (Monster/Prerunner) body. The new E92 is a bit of a letdown, but I feel pretty confident they'll get the Alpine right. I'm happy I didn't buy the not exactly brilliant Kyosho Alpine for 60-70 Euro. The MST Alpine goes straight onto my wishlist! :D

101220334_2697670570558379_6075061825207

• Like 1

The render looks really promising huh. 239mm wheelbase, I might finally have some use for my M06. 

Their Civic EG hatch shell looks fantastic, but is priced higher than the Tamiya one, which is a bit hard to swallow. In the end I couldn't find any stock of the Civic and ended up buying a Scirocco shell instead.

Interesting what you say about the quality, just wish the price point was a bit more palatable. Tamico seem to be the nearest retailer selling MST stuff, and they're always a bit behind the Far Eastern shops. Do you know of any other sources in Europe @Mokei Kagaku?

Interesting 🤔.. 1/24 static re-releases of Fiat 131 Abarth, Lotus Europa, Super 7...Lotus Europa would be a good M chassis candidates.. 131 could go along side Audi UR Quattro. 

MST is an impressive outfit, that’s for sure. Like what I’m seeing from them