Sign in to follow this  
Danbrown96

TT02B

Hi all, I’m new to this forum but been around rc cars for a few years now. Just built my first buggy which is a TT02B plasma edge 2 gun metal Grey and loving it but I’ve noticed the steering is a bit slack and the front wheels tend to wobble a lot when on lock? The only upgrade I’ve done is ball race it as parts are so hard to find at the moment. I will eventually bling it out with alloy hop up parts 😁 any one else have this problem? Is it just due to the front end being so much plastic? Cheers in advance 

86C52EDE-A2B9-4FC6-B3DA-CEF0E6FED703.jpeg

• Like 2

I have the same model, and yes the steering is a known weak point on the TT02B. I installed the YR aluminum steering set and that helped until one of the screws started stripping. I've seen somewhere that the best way to minimize slop for good is to put longer screws through the lower deck and secure them with hex nuts from the bottom. You'll find holes there that are hex shaped, so it's a relatively easy mod if you've got the hardware.

Hiya mate thanks for the reply, I have read about the longer screw mod I think I might have to take a look at that, also the YR stuff where do you order from? It seems to never say a price on the website? 😂

I usually order my stuff from RCMart.com. If you find that they're out of stock, eBay always has some. They're much cheaper than the Tamiya equivalent, and their quality is quite good.

• Like 1

Hi son it's about time you joined this club to get some proper advice instead of listening to me 😁

Worth keeping an eye on the servo too, mine works loose. Have stuck some double sided foam mounting tape under it which has done the trick so far. 

Here is the "longer screw" mod installed in my TT02B along with the YR aluminum steering rack. I picked up some 25mm M3 screws and M3 lock nuts. Since they were a little long (should've gone with 20mm or so), I put the lock nuts on top instead of on the bottom. Good as new:

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-08-at-01-03-57-1

• Like 3