Wooders28

Exciting times ahead for Scotland, Glasgow RC have announced a new outdoor facility venture. Please support if you can.

Been lucky enough to be involved with the Glasgow RC Club for a few years, cracking bunch of RC nuts.

If anyone would like to support us, donate if you can. If not, we would like to see you at the track, and you all know, tamiya's are welcome 😁

The ambition is to have a similar facility as Robin hood Raceway, without the 500 mile round road trip! 

Set in, Calderglen Country Park sports complex, we have the use of the Bar, food and toilet facilities, plus the Zoo, huge adventure play area etc that are set in the Country Park, making it a great family day out.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/glasgow-rc-outdoor-astroturf-track?utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

A link for Calderglen Country Park, itself (didn't realise it has an 18 hole golf course too! 🙄

https://www.slleisureandculture.co.uk/SLLC/info/113/calderglen_country_park

@Supercoolnothing @neowhizz @Kevin_Mc @MPJG! @Gibbo78 @Sandster 

• Like 5

Count me in! This would be amazing. Even though I stay in East Lothian this would be something special 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Brilliant @Seanster43 !!

I'm going to organise some Tamiya days, like @neowhizz did at the indoor track at Ayr, nothing serious,  just a fun day running tamiya's (Or whatever tbh, just no IC).

Some of the guys are on a podcast next week.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=732305050929509&id=322136848613000

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seanster43 said:

Nice one genuinely looking forward to updates on this. 

Going to try and update both the, go fund me page, and the, Glasgow model car club , Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/GlasgowRC/

Been a while since an update, and with the current world situation, not been as spritly as we'd hoped.

Anyway, land drainage has been dug,  and now onto track sculpting! 

Plus, this has just arrived....😁😁😁

2021-05-01_08-44-35

With a couple of us being tamiya nuts (I think most people have had a tamiya at some point!) ,we are hoping to have meetings similar to they have down south ,with @tamiya monkey at Robin hood Raceway and the Tamiya Junkies, but without the 500mile ,8hr return drive. (Hoping the distance will mean ,we're not treading on anyone's toes).

• Like 2

Great to see other groups coming online, looks like your going to do well, might even make the trip up to see you guys when your up and running.

Keep it up, get together to make this work.

Regards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2021 at 8:26 AM, tamiya monkey said:

Great to see other groups coming online, looks like your going to do well,

Thanks for that!

Really come to appreciate ,how much time, effort and funds are required to get a project like this underway!! 

On 5/8/2021 at 8:26 AM, tamiya monkey said:

might even make the trip up to see you guys when your up and running

We're putting together a list of places to stay, places to eat, what activities and family events are on at the Country Park, as we know what it's like trying to get away racing for the weekend! 🙄😁

Bit of an interview with one of the Glasgow RC guys :- 

We are looking for anyone in the Glasgow area, who's free and willing to help at the club of an (this) evening?

So so close to the finish line, just need a bit of man power to help with the shove.

Many thanks.

https://m.facebook.com/events/342465804035271?acontext={"source"%3A"3"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"}&aref=3&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity

Done a bit more at the track, managed to get the Astro down at the other end last night.

Get it all rollered early next week, but still lots to do, before the first big race on 8th August! 😳

Still need helpers ,if anyone is free?

Hi there recently got back into rc cars I live in South lanarkshire I was wondering what the club is like I'm not a serious racer any more and my lad is only 8 would we be able to just turn up with my madcap and his hornet or kyosho lazer and just race or is it all modern stuff you do?

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 2:38 PM, Arkan said:

Hi there recently got back into rc cars I live in South lanarkshire I was wondering what the club is like I'm not a serious racer any more and my lad is only 8 would we be able to just turn up with my madcap and his hornet or kyosho lazer and just race or is it all modern stuff you do?

Hi @Arkan

Sorry I've just seen this! 😳🤦‍♂️

(For future reference - On here, if you use the 'quote' and/or put an '@' in front of someone's name, Or if you , like or laugh etc, they get a notification, bit like FB)

I think I'm right in saying, you've contacted us through Facebook since? 

It was on my list, to organise a 'Tamiya & Vintage day' at the club, just have a casual day ,of just running the old cars , but have just run out of weekends tbh!!! 

I've around 20 cars, and can bring a couple of lunchboxes, Bullhead ,Novafox ,Boomerang etc, if you're heading over with yours at some point, be fun to get them on the track again. 👍

We do have some 'club cars' that people can use, or have a shot of mine , whichever.

@Wooders28 tried to send you a message but system said you are unable to receive messages? I thought this maybe the most appropriate thread to contact you. I will be be in Glasgow for 2 days next month, wondering if there are any shops worth visiting? I found Uddingston Model Centre on Google, is that any good? It will be handy as I am staying in the caravan site in Uddingston.

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

@Wooders28 tried to send you a message but system said you are unable to receive messages? I thought this maybe the most appropriate thread to contact you. I will be be in Glasgow for 2 days next month, wondering if there are any shops worth visiting? I found Uddingston Model Centre on Google, is that any good? It will be handy as I am staying in the caravan site in Uddingston.

Cheers!

Ohhh, my inbox is full 😬, that'll be why!! 🤦‍♂️, need to go though and delete some.

The modelshop at Uddingston is about the only one about now, since 'the Internet' closed alot down. It has not long been taken over from an old guy who retired, and had a revamp. I've not actually had a chance to pop in yet (My Mother in law loves 'SmithS Restaurant ' a minutes walk away, so usually nip in, while I'm , parking the car, 🙄😀...), He's supporting the local model clubs, and now stocking Tamiya RC kits (supplying kits for raffles) ,RC tamiya paints ,Tamiya bearing kits etc, so certainly more worth a visit than it was a while back.

Their Facebook page :- 

https://m.facebook.com/100083199105199/

Our track is only a 15 min drive away from Uddingston, at Calderglen Country Park, although, we'll be lifting some of the astro for track maintenance in the off season (extra drainage, resculpture, improved disabled access etc), but more than welcome to drop by.

We support an indoor track in Ayrshire, near Ayr Hospital during the winter, but that's an hour away.

12 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Ohhh, my inbox is full 😬, that'll be why!! 🤦‍♂️, need to go though and delete some.

Perhaps we can communicate there when you had cleared it out. Had a look at the map, maybe I can drop by one morning before heading off to Helensburgh in the afternoon  (whole purpose of this upcoming trip).

• Like 1