Sign in to follow this  
gregdogghurst

custom 1/10 touring body bits

In the process of starting a road going project and going for a replica skyline. Ive ordered the body set but looking to change the wing and decals for something as close to these as possible

IMG_5107.thumb.JPG.a4594ecc05479bdf518bafbedcba76f5.JPG

can anyone advise on where to pick up a separate wing and mounts? 

Decals wise i'll make do with some the sponsors from the body set but will need the main ones obviously. Can anyone recommend anywhere that may be able to assist?

Thanks Greg

Which version of the R35 body did you order? Tamiya make 3.
Super GT (Motul, Calsonic, Xanavi)
Sumo Power GT-R
Road-going GT-R (also used on Motul Nismo)

I think the Sumo Power version will match most closely and the rear wing isn't too dissimilar already. Alternatively you could look at wing sets from Yokomo, as these tend to be more 'scale' (typically for drift cars)

As for custom stickers, that's going to be a custom job likely, best bet is to find high-resolution versions of the logo's which make up the sponsors, scale them onto a printable sheet and send to the likes of ScreenPrintDigital in the UK or someone similar.

The wheels - closest you will get sticking with Tamiya will be the 53453 Med-Narrow 6 Spoke +2 offset in black.

I think the wheels are Advan Racing RG of some sort. A US company made some licensed RC versions of these about 5-6 years ago but I can't see that anyone has stock. Yokomo make the Advan RZ which is similar but may not suit your tastes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Sumo Power GT-R

I think the Sumo Power version will match most closely and the rear wing isn't too dissimilar already. Alternatively you could look at wing sets from Yokomo, as these tend to be more 'scale' (typically for drift cars)

As for custom stickers, that's going to be a custom job likely, best bet is to find high-resolution versions of the logo's which make up the sponsors, scale them onto a printable sheet and send to the likes of ScreenPrintDigital in the UK or someone similar.

The wheels - closest you will get sticking with Tamiya will be the 53453 Med-Narrow 6 Spoke +2 offset in black.

I think the wheels are Advan Racing RG of some sort. A US company made some licensed RC versions of these about 5-6 years ago but I can't see that anyone has stock. Yokomo make the Advan RZ which is similar but may not suit your tastes.

Just wanted to say, this post encapsulates what I love about this forum: a specific question answered with an equally specific and highly detailed answer. Well done @ChrisRx718

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Sumo Power GT-R

Hi Chris

Thanks for your great response-I should have asked questions first...

Ive ordered the Motul Super GT body #51584 and Tamiya 6 spoke Pennzoil NISMO wheels #10335164. Might be changing my mind now tho!

Agreed the Sumo body is closest to my inspiration-less arches and aero especially at the rear. Also thinking that the drift style wing won’t be in keeping with the GT body. Wheels I’m happy with for now as there’s not too much in it...

The Yokomo Wing mounts look excellent but can’t seen to find a wing with the big side/end sections.

Looks like drift and GT bodies now for this project 🤣🤣

Greg