Super ally

What should i do with my never run fox.

I have a dilemma with what to do with my never run fox which i bought from ebay a few weeks ago.I was going to run it but only carefully but now i dont know if i should,it cost me a lot of money so im a bit nervous.I was thinking i would just run it on short grass as that would avoid any marks happening to body.What would you members do run it on grass or shelf it.

20200703_103308.jpg

Nice. It would be ok to run it on short grass. I’ve restored an original to as new condition and will probably run it before displaying it. 

I would shelf it for sure, no point running if you cant go all out....just my opinion. 

Why did you buy it? For a bit of fun or shelf queen?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kasparov said:

I would shelf it for sure, no point running if you cant go all out....just my opinion. 

Why did you buy it? For a bit of fun or shelf queen?

It was first buggy i owned back in 88 so sentimental reasons i supose,still have my old fox but it needs restored.

Don't run it. Put it on the shelf and admire it.

Buy a new/used rere or used org for a runner.

After one run it is no longer never run. B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would run it, but that's me. Although I am a bit of a hypocrite though, because I know the delima. I still own my Wild Willy that I bought back in 1982, and restored it a few times over the decades. I am always nervous as heck when I run it, so not actually enjoying it as I should be. I do not run it full out like I used to in fear of messing it up. But, it is still a runner at 38 years old, and I do still run it every so often. 

I would be tempted to give it a very gentle run (after checking the car over for loose screws/binding/weird noises etc) and then shelf it. Apparently there is another run of Novafox coming later in the year so if needed you could buy a brand spanking new one and run it guilt free. I have a novafox and enjoy it immensely.

• Like 2

Thats the problem with sentimental rc purchases. Ive done it as well. Reasonable costs dont factor in when u buy with your emotions. It was worth whatever you paid for it because you felt a connection to it. That being said, Id run it and have fun with it. Thats what they are for in my opinion. I think u paid for the connection with the fox, u should enjoy it.

• Like 3