Sign in to follow this  
Morinstal

Buggy Kit options to buy

Hello all

Im a newbie here, finding this site by accident after watching youtube algorithm video recommendation and reading the comments XD.

That utube vid and this forum rekindled one of my long forgotten childhood dreams, which is having a tamiya RC (buggy) car.

Right now, im 37 and have some fund to fulfill that dream.

For background, here RC is a exclusive hobby, especially branded products like tamiya, TeamAssociated, Traxxas, Arma, Losi, etc,  china products is easier to get coz of their cheap prices and spareparts availability.

Searched the local e-market and found that for $ 250,  u will get one of these NIB: terra scorcher re, top force re, DB01, DT02, TT02B, DF03.

For $550, u will get avante re, not my price range, sticking to $250 options.

What is the best option considering that I can only afford 1, having good durability (finding parts is PITA here), planning to use brushless, light usage, obviously not for bashing and im a newb with RC. 

I know after some run , it will break and maybe ill just shelf it then, but atleast ive "been there and done that" XD.

Thankyou for ur replies

Based on my limited experience, stay away from the DF03 as it is pretty fragile if you want to run brushless, and stay away from the the TT02B because it needs a few upgrades to make it a worthwhile buggy. The Top Force is pretty durable and can easily handle a mild brushless setup no problem, so that would be my recommendation.

Of those options, the most capable is the DB-01, but if the plan is for it to be a shelfer after a bit of running, the Terra Scorcher and Top Force are more ornamental and would probably look better on display.

Im in jakarta, Indonesia

Considering the suggestions, and after some browsing in this forum, i think ill narrow it down to DB01 or top force for performance/nostalgia.

Just need a final click to make up my mind, i guess i need to browse/watch utub more.

Wish me luck !!

Update: Some/many times what we want isnt always what we get :D

Long story short, bought my colleague NIB boomerang kit for $150 - cant say no to the price -. Sparing some time after work this whole week to build it, i think its a simple build with some painful screwing down the bolts to some hard plastics.

Havent finished it yet, but this is its latest condition :

- Stock esc -tble 02e, brushless motor hobbywing 13,5t, steel pinion gear 15t - cant find steel 17t- i think its suffice for now

- Full ball bearings, aftermarket shocks - i dont like the stock yellow ones -

- Aftermarket wheel n tires with insert foam, 12 hex adaptors

I notice that the sway bars only use rubber spacers to hold its blue connector piece ( the blue bar thingy), and its easily logged off - or is it just me- luckily i have spare "mini 4wd' washer and nuts and it fits - see my photo for better explanation.

Its a satysfying experience building this, cant wait to finisht it

20200710_191829.jpg

20200710_191917.jpg

20200710_192014.jpg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Morinstal said:

bought my colleague NIB boomerang kit for $150

so jealous!! congrats!!

Update

After 2 weeks out of town, finally i can get back finishing my boomerang.

I learn alot in this forum for my 1st rc build, thank you all for many bomerang tips i can found here.

And here its is, finished, with all its glory XD.20200801_170236.thumb.jpg.352e3e043e30582c2ed68537a7277f93.jpg

• Like 3